Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i got the release keys for the standard stereo and tried to remove it but the ones on the left just wouldn't seem to unclip so this morning i took it to a garage to see if there electronics guy could remove it. he tried and the right hand side is ready to come out as i managed to do but after looking at it he says the cilps are broken.

Anyone had the clips break? the release key wont stay in for me to pull it out and it won't even move the clips

rang vauxhall and as it is out of warrenty they want £40 just to look at it so they can piss off.

is my only option to brake off the front of the stereo to get to the clips from the front?

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
welli spent an hour this evening trying to get it out and it seems that ill either have to take a hammer to the front and then try to prize it out or take out the entire dash to get it out

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
mine was stuck too dont push the release keys in all the way and if it really stuck take the vents out and remove the trim you can the get a srewdriver down the back of the stereo front then just gently leaver it out (with the keys in at the same time)

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
finally its out had to break off the front and the pull it till its snaped out, the guy pulling it out cut his knuckle to the bone which looked painfull. going to fit my new cd player later

1 - 4 of 4 Posts