Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive just brought this brand new for 7995, what styling can i do cheaply, but not tacky. i am a poor student so times are hard!

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
Secondly get rid of that crap website for your pics. I can't even read the text.

Yellow text will never work on a white bacjground as long as there's a hole in my backside!!! :x

·
Registered
322 Posts
right matey, welcome to cheap mods R us! I'm in the same boat as you mate, loads of ideas, very little cash. So what I do when I'm a bit skint is all the little mods that are cheap but effective, and are long jobs so that you can make a really good job of them while your waiting for your next pay cheque (or student loan) :lol:

A few tips (as I ain't exactly tell you what to do... for that would be stealing my ideas) :lol: :lol: :wink:

Spray paint, caliper paint, trimming, LED's (bargain!!! see cobra148 on here) bulbs, colour coding, de-badging, and a damn good clean and polish usually does the trick!

Start with things like painting bits up then move on to gear knobs and stuff then into the daddy of moddifying like bodykits, engine mods and alloys! 8)

A lot of the guys on here are loaded, they say they ain't but their pockets are buldging more than mine and it ain't cause their excited! :wink: They must have really well paid jobs or that old that their insurance is about a tenth of what we pay!

The best mods come from being different, imaginative and creative so give it a shot, you can always try again if you make a mistake... well most times, others you'll have to just scream and shout at until your red in the face then have to fork out the money to replace it! :x

·
Registered
418 Posts
where u buy ur car from , i bought a 53 plate corsa sxi back in september/october 2003 for 7450 but cos dad was helpin out wid the cash i had to get 5dr :(
the 3dr was 7050

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
SilverSRi said:
A lot of the guys on here are loaded, they say they ain't but their pockets are buldging more than mine and it ain't cause their excited! :wink: They must have really well paid jobs or that old that their insurance is about a tenth of what we pay!

I think u will find that most of us aint "loaded". we just work hard and spend most of our cash on our cars as we enjoy it and its a hobby.

Oh and insurance being a tenth of waht u pay..i very much doubt it...

my corsa c, had to put it in my dads name cos i couldnt get insured anywhere with mods...and in his name it was skinin me 1000 +

·
Registered
322 Posts
yeah I do the same or I try to, when your only on £4.50 an hour its hard to get the cash together for even the simply things, then theirs insurance which is £85 a month and finance £230 a month, with petrol, tax, food, drink drink, drink and not to mention drink! So if there's a good job going for more than £4.50 an hour I'll take it! :lol:

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
SilverSRi said:
yeah I do the same or I try to, when your only on £4.50 an hour its hard to get the cash together for even the simply things, then theirs insurance which is £85 a month and finance £230 a month, with petrol, tax, food, drink drink, drink and not to mention drink! So if there's a good job going for more than £4.50 an hour I'll take it! :lol:
think u wil find to get stuff , most of us cut out drink or going out every weekend so we can save cash,

·
Registered
322 Posts
what and you don't think I do the same? Don't have any drink in the house, and the last time I went out was over a month ago... and still no pennies! :cry:

Why you havin' a dig at me 2day scott... whats up with ya... I ain't done nothing to you. :cry: :? :cry:

I'm gonna go off and sulk now in my car and go watch fast and furious again... and again... and again...

This time I'll make sure to turn it all off soon enough before I drain the battery! :wink: :roll: :D

·
Registered
729 Posts
Calm down people!! :roll: It's supposed to be friendly banter!

It doesn't matter what you earn, the point is YOU do YOUR car how YOU want to at whatever speed YOU can. Simple! :wink:

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
cheers sliversri for the idea's, as for the headlights, im gonna keep them. i got my car from the local vauxhall place in chesterfield called blakes. i think yuor getting ripped off with your finance at 230 a month, mines only 174! plus i pay 900 a year on insurance, withone years no claims, but 3 accidents under my belt, it doesnt help.where in south yorks do u live, the bar i work in is after staff and pay 5 an hour!

·
Registered
322 Posts
yeah but I bought my corsa SRi all done up it was a year old when I got it with 14 k on the clock. So cause it was a used car and not new I didn't get 0% finance so the car was 9k with the interest on top so £230 is about right. Don't regret buying it as its saved me thousands to do one up myself, it was what I wanted so it doesn't bother me that its already had alloys and a kit fitted, still want to do a lot of stuff to it anyway!

I live in Doncaster matey, bout that job prob to far for me to travel.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts