Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 20 of 4987 Posts

·
Registered
9,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey chaps,
been meaning to do one of these for months....

so, as you may or may not be aware i converted my tuned Z18XE engine set up to turbo power in an evening with the help of Warren G, managed to finish by 1:30am, all fitted minus an air filter, the dump valve, boost gauge and a fair bit to tidy up...

its been a week and a half since we fitted it all, and its been a bit of a work in progress since....

heres some photos once finished:

Since that Friday evening ive been tinkering here and there trying to tidy bits and get the car running 100%...
so far ive fitted the dump valve set up, had to modify the intercooler pipework to get it all in snuggly (as i wanted to keep my aircon) the re circ part of the dump valve isnt fitted yet as the vacuum pipe needs to be routed in to the inlet - this means removing the inlet and drilling a hole... (job to do!)

Ive relocated the air filter to lower down in the engine bay, as you can imagine the tubby creates a fair bit of heat..

heres how the filter set up looks now:
(cable ties ftl)

so im gonna keep this thread updated as i go...

theres a fair bit i want to do before i'll be 100% happy!

·
Registered
19,365 Posts
Wooopwoop.

P.s Get some brake and clutch cleaner on that silicone hosing as it will clean it up a treat :D

managed to swap inlets yet mate?

·
Registered
9,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wooopwoop.

P.s Get some brake and clutch cleaner on that silicone hosing as it will clean it up a treat :D

managed to swap inlets yet mate?
ah good idea, that hose is a bit gammy tbh! ideally instead of having the loop i want a straight metal pipe going in to the turbo, then the MAF and the a bend for a cone filter which will snuggly fit behind the nearside foglight grille ;)

nope, this will be done next week... :)

good work, should be awesome when done:doublethumbs:
its running really well, but im anal and i want it perfect and looking tidy :)

the torque is amazing!

·
Registered
9,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:| nath

please

please

please

tell me that isnt your filter

this far |-----| from the floor

as if it is

*crosses heart*

dont drive even if its damp :|
its not that low matt, its around 30-40cms off the floor :)
phone camera doesnt help...

·
Registered
19,365 Posts
true, nice positioning, however, if you put it back where you had it, i doubt it will get warm with the size of that fookin huge cooler :lol:

·
Registered
9,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
true, nice positioning, however, if you put it back where you had it, i doubt it will get warm with the size of that fookin huge cooler :lol:
whats your opinion jack? as mike and matt reckon i'll suck in water?
wont be a fooking huge cooler for much longer though, and where it was, the filter was squashed in and the silicone hose was wedged against the dipstick even when the dipstick tube was undone and bent...

·
Registered
9,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't think the heat is too much of an issue with all that lag Nath :p lol

Get some cermaic wrap on the go, surprised JAck hasn't already tbh....
could be an idea..

but trust me, heat is a massive issue, this thing produces massive amounts of heat!

yes it will :lol:
oh... :woops:

·
Registered
14,089 Posts
If you are slammed on the floor it then may cause problems, i think it might be ok depending you don't hit any big puddles.

·
Registered
19,365 Posts
personally, same place however, chop the metal pipe so instead of it going from the left to the back,

it comes Up then to the back with a 90degree piece?

but yeah, may suck up water:(

·
Registered
19,365 Posts
and for the record, naths wont lag half as much once he has the vac to his DV fitted along with his new inlet ;)

·
Registered
19,365 Posts
wont lag half as much* not stop the lag :p

1 - 20 of 4987 Posts