Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
5001 - 5013 of 5013 Posts

·
Registered
9,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,001 ·
Then, two weeks at the bodyyshop, and voila!

[

First Photoshoot with the bumper fitted.

I wanted something that made the rear end of the car lower. I like the Corsa VXR diffuser but when theyve been smoothed to the Corss C bumper the diffuser always looked too high! this is just right, and its unique!

[

Thanks

·
Registered
9,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,005 ·
I also bought a replacement Irmscher Grille as the bodyshop who painted the front bumper snapped an already damaged part off....

Nothing is ever simple 🤦‍♂️

Making space for the oil cooler

Badge swapped over, and fitted. I treated the basplate the a splash of paint too:

In the meantime had the bumper off and cleaned everything up - because why not:

It can't be all form and no function...

Enthuse Engineering spec catch can - this catches from both the cam cover and the gearbox breather. Which addresses my leak when i drove Lydden Hill, when oil ended up flowing out the breather...

[

·
Registered
9,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,006 ·
Geo is still un-finished but the are some areas being addresses and i'm stockpiling parts:
Eibach Rear Camber Shims on order from LMF
Front adjustable drop links from RnD Motorsport
Trying to source a brand new set of Genuine GM wishbones, and switching out the rear bushes for a custom drop in spherical joint.
And...
Bought these - direct from Rimstock - Team Dynamics Pro Race 3 - 15x7, ET35:

Had a lot of back and forth as i wanted the be certain they'd clear my brakes

Will touch back on these later - but they will be my track wheels, i'm ordering a set of of Dunlop Direzza DZ03G's

·
Registered
9,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,007 ·
And now, a backwards step - back to Rabbid for some mapping - my request, more driveability, less boost for a more linear power delivery...

I wont go into the ins and outs, adjusted a few things, realise the throttle body wasnt wide open when on full throttle and this was due to my pedal stop... I also removed the spring out the pedal which has improved feel...

The car made 340bhp - not what i asked for, but hey who doesnt want more power...

Complete with a horrible line on the graph which Richard put down to poor fuelling, and i was told my 600cc injectors were maxed out... The car stalled on the way home - i then gave it beans down the motorway and popped a boost pipe (easy fix) and then felt some horrible grumbling under load - so i nursed it home...

Convinced it was the fuelling i went to see Warren at WG Motorworks to investigate (this was a week later) and we noticed a problem..

Yep the fact a gearbox bolt had snapped, and the other two had pulled the threads out would cause a grumble, which was the CV joint vibrating on the subframe... 🤦‍♂️

Three days later i got a Derv box from a breakers and we fitted it..

Gearset and Quaife swap (i run a F23 diesel box as its direct fit, with 2.2 petrol ratio gearset)

So that was the grumble fixed...

·
Registered
9,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,008 ·
SO, to double check the fuelling, i then handed the car to Dave (who built the engine) to check the fuel system, luckily i have high and low boost so ive been driving in low boost...) fuel system good, pressure is good, injectors are good FPR doing what it should...

BUT, another curveball, my injectors are 450cc, not 600cc - so in 2014 when i bought them from ASNU, they were supplied with 60cc written on the box, and 600cc on the invoice, but light blue collar signifies 450cc (cant go back for a refund 7 years later) - this will explain why they were maxed out.

He also said the reason my car is getting hot on high boost, is the 0.64AR turbine housing cant flow the 29psi I'm forcing in it, its bottlenecking and thats why its not making full power at 7,500-8,000rpm like it should..

So this backs up my plan, less boost, 21psi, keep the turbo on the efficient side of its graph, make power in the right place..

Or, do i stick a 0.86AR housing on it, deal with a little lag, but make more power with less boost higher up?

You can see here, my low boost graph is nice, linear and make full power at 7,000rpm this is 16psi

but here, high boost - grumbly line (loose gearbox - WHICH MAY I ADD, HAS BEEN PERFECTLY FINE FOR TWO YEARS) - bottleneck, lots of boost, lots of heat

So currently i'm driving in low boost only awaiting further tweaks.

Question is, switch the exhaust housing to a 0.86, or stick with 0.64

0.64ar will be 500rpm more responsive
0.86ar will flow more top end and will make the same power higher up, at less boost than the 0.64

Decisions

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Nice choice of wheels, remind me of compomotive MOs , much better than the usual td1.2s that everyone runs.
The exhaust housing is a tricky one.you need to pick the one that suits what you'll predominantly use the car for, realistically the only place you can sensibly use 340+bhp is on track where keeping the engine in boost is easy so you'd go bigger. Having more 'lag' for the road may just get irritating and then you won't want to drive it. Just my thoughts..

·
Registered
9,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,011 ·
You have to choose what will be most reliable and drivable?
Still good gains from the 123bhp stock power.
I think both will have benefits, one of course will cost more as i will have to buy a new housing, but its not mega money...
Ha, you're right there!

Nice choice of wheels, remind me of compomotive MOs , much better than the usual td1.2s that everyone runs.
The exhaust housing is a tricky one.you need to pick the one that suits what you'll predominantly use the car for, realistically the only place you can sensibly use 340+bhp is on track where keeping the engine in boost is easy so you'd go bigger. Having more 'lag' for the road may just get irritating and then you won't want to drive it. Just my thoughts..
I spent months looking for a sent of MO5 flat spokes, but they were going for silly money, then all of a sudden everyone had then, so it made me think against them. The advantage of the Pro Race 3's were; reasonably priced/ brand new/ great customer service/ and made to my spec..

I think 340bhp is overkill, i'm going to wind it back to 320bhp, even if i had the bigger housing as that will keep my injectors safe...

Maybe I see how it drives onces its had this tweak and go from there - i've been on a bit of a power/ boost hunt, but now ive become older and wiser, and efficiency is more important. Plus low boost on the road is enough to kill me so need to be a little sensible!

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Nice read. A bit off-topic, but if you haven't thrown the debadged old grille and it is still useable albeit with a bit or two missing... I've got another (nicer) white bumper but with the Griffin grille and, rather than yoink the Blitz grille off my current one, I'd be interested if you want to get something for it.

·
Registered
9,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,013 ·
Nice read. A bit off-topic, but if you haven't thrown the debadged old grille and it is still useable albeit with a bit or two missing... I've got another (nicer) white bumper but with the Griffin grille and, rather than yoink the Blitz grille off my current one, I'd be interested if you want to get something for it.
I havent really thought about selling it, but it is sat in my shed - PM me with an offer for it and i'd be happy to consider ;)

5001 - 5013 of 5013 Posts