Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I've got the Ncdc2015 installed in my Corsa and was wondering if I could upgrade from the current MID/MFD(?) screen to a CID screen?

Anyone have any experience of this?

I understand I will need the bigger dome as per: http://www.corsa-c.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=77651, but what I really want to know is what connections I'm looking for and where they'll be... I'm guessing that the wiring will already be there too...

Please note - this unit came in the car as an optional upgrade - I didn't install it. If you've got any questions I'll try to help, but tbh you'd probably get more sense from Jade Goody after a couple of bottles of Champers...

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'll even throw in a high five for your effort ;)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok, I think the display is actually a GID - so my question is can I still do a straight swop between the GID and CID (divorce then match via Tech2) without much/any additional wiring?

Anyone know much about the wiring looms and the 'full' capabilities of the Corsa C's?

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
If you havent seen my other post you should be able to upgrad the display (large double hight one) as long as as you have the 2/3 plugs required (just a case of having a look)

if you do there a member on here who would like the ident code from your current display (its stamped on the top)

Theres 3 displays the one you have. The gid (graphical info display) and the cid (colour info display) the gid and cid are both double hight

iirc the housing for the larger sat nav displays ar 30-40 quid and a display will be 40-60 off ebay i picked one up from a breakers for a tenner) sat nav in the corsa is a rare upgrade i have only ever seen 6 systems and 2 in vivaros

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dude - you're a star!

Can I assume that the connectors are behind the vents/hazard switch and under the existing screen - or am I going to have to pull out the glove box and look behind there? Jeez, I might as well just do it anyway - then I can get loads of reference photos for later...

Any idea what colour connectors I'm looking for?
I'm also assuming that I reuse the connector from the existing screen in the new screen...

CID is the one to display colour maps on the satnav right?

Will pop up to the local breakers sometime this week and have a dig around. Chances of them having a Tech2 are slim, so I'll have to see if I can negotiate something/ someway of sorting out the pairing issue at their yard.

Maybe take HU and CID to unpair then drop off HU for them to resell... ?

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
the plugs may well be under the display dome or just tucked down the hole behind it. Its easy to take out the dome. pop the vents out undo the 4 screws remove the vent surround then the dome held in by 2 screw undo them and it just slides out. theres some pic's in the faq on here

not 100% sure but you just need the display then activate(marry) it via tech 2 once in place. its mainly vx who have tech 2's as there £4k plus vat to buy

Cid is the colour one but all i will say is good luck finding one. (7 months it took me last time to get one)

this maybe worth a read

http://www.vauxhallownersnetwork.co.uk/showthread.php?t=74455

also here i know its not a corsa but its all good info (same plugs and pin outs as the pre can corsa)

http://home.btconnect.com/nickargue/OmegaSatNav.htm

note the 2 plugs on the cid if theres only one plug on yours it is posible the retro fit the cid still (if you find a display it maybe worth chopping the plugs off the car so you have them.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Flash - it was those two links that started me off on this whole thing!

I actually asked the same q's on the forum there too.

Hey, do you happen to know if a CID can be recovered from 'theft mode' if the seller hasn't unpaired it? One of the German Vx sites talks about doing it, but no specifics... and another says to use motor-ecu.eu... but again not how they actually did/do it.

Everyone else says they're paperweights if not unpaired...

Cheers for all the help - it is appreciated!

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
as far as i am aware its just a case of pairing the display to the hu the theift lockout is todo with the hu not being related to the car the display relates to the hu. Theres not many people about that can use the tech 2 to the degree of what where talking about. minor sevicing no problem anything else is hassle for them

If you can get the vin\reg of the car the display comess out off. vx should have the data. wether there willing to help is another matter

edit. just had a word on another forum (diagnostics - trade only forum) i am not trade i just bluffed it

If the display is not unpaired its a brick ..................... UNLESS you have the vin and/or passcard from the car it come from......... other wise the tech 2 cannot access it

ps. if you have a reg i can get the vin no probs

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
as far as i am aware its just a case of pairing the display to the hu the theift lockout is todo with the hu not being related to the car the display relates to the hu. Theres not many people about that can use the tech 2 to the degree of what where talking about. minor sevicing no problem anything else is hassle for them

If you can get the vin\reg of the car the display comess out off. vx should have the data. wether there willing to help is another matter

edit. just had a word on another forum (diagnostics - trade only forum) i am not trade i just bluffed it

If the display is not unpaired its a brick ..................... UNLESS you have the vin and/or passcard from the car it come from......... other wise the tech 2 cannot access it

ps. if you have a reg i can get the vin no probs
Thanks again dude - you really are a diamond!

It might take me a while to find one...

Stripped the dash this morning and had a pretty good poke around - I've got the grey 32pin plug from the GID (whatever my screen is), but not the little 10/12 pin that is also needed... If I do have one, it's somewhere I didn't look ;)

I'll upload the photos when I get back home.

I'll be in touch, many thanks again,

Brendan

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey DB,

We're looking into it for my housemates SRi too. Just follow the links that Flash provided, you'll need to pull your display out (http://www.corsa-c.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=7) to see what connections you have there and probably also behind your glove box/HU... From what I can tell, the additional plugs (if any) are normally hidden in these areas. I've also been told to check the centre console around the gear lever and handbrake.

You will probably need to do some wiring and have access to a Tech2 to get it all working together.

I'll keep updating this as I go along - hopefully others will find it useful too.

·
Registered
22,309 Posts
Very difficult, I tried and gave up
it requires an entire new loom, arial adaptor and wiring for the GPS and phone system.
Really not worth it for a standard head unit.
it is when they work ;) :p love mine! might be up for sale along with the loom and all the shizzle soon though :look:

·
Registered
22,309 Posts
I would have loved to have it working in mine.
Unit looks mint and would have looked even better with a blue LED conversion
tis a shame it has to go, but a 10 point cage wont fit with the dash in place :look:

G

·
it is when they work ;) :p love mine! might be up for sale along with the loom and all the shizzle soon though :look:
Was yours standard fit or did you put it in afterwards?

Looks like a nice piece of kit for a standard headunit. I could get one of they aftermarket double din GPS radios, but i kinda like the standard look to be honest :lol:

·
Registered
22,309 Posts
Was yours standard fit or did you put it in afterwards?

Looks like a nice piece of kit for a standard headunit. I could get one of they aftermarket double din GPS radios, but i kinda like the standard look to be honest :lol:
standard fit, but as i said im thinking i may be selling everything needed to make it work in any car soon :)

:lol: people realise that just the unit and the phone bit in the glove box is £1500ish from vauxhall and that doesnt include the 2 wiring looms and the ariel needed to make it work! :lol:

G

·
I certainly wouldn't go into vauxhall and buy one new :lol:. Certainly not worth that much to get one now.

If you sell yours i might be interested though.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Agreed with McS - there is a bucket full of stuff you need over and above the HU and screen. You are much better either buying a full system from someone or stripping a car yourself at yr local breakers... if you can find one with the nav still in place...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

With the vents and hazard switch out, the housing should just pop out - actually there was a little lip under the housing (see below) which prevented it from being removed. In both SRi's, I had to remove the glove box to get my hand around the back (of the HU) and apply pressure to lift the lip over the edge it was catching on. I thought I'd also snap a few quick pics of the loom behind the glove box just in case...

Once the housing is out, it's a simple matter to remove the screen.

Then re-assemble

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.