Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my brand new k&n induction kit and got it through today.

I was wanting some feedback from people about how their kits were fitted and maybe a guide to fitting them on the corsa c.

Any help will be much appreciated.

·
Registered
8,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Forgot to say, any pictures of induction kits under the bonnet will be the biggest help. If any of you have pics of your engine bays paost them here.

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
Fitting the kit isn't too bad, fitting the cold air feed is harder!

·
Registered
104 Posts
they are easy to fit i think. have one sitting in the garage. just havent got round to fitting it. Wots the best way to fit the cold air feed ka$h?

·
Registered
8,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know they are east to fit, it just there is a sensor on the intake pipe just after the air box but before the engine.

just need a pic to compare my efforts with so it puts my mind at easy........... :roll:

·
Registered
93 Posts
easy to do. chuck the old standard airbox and filter out. removing the air feed too.

undo one of the engine bolts mount thingies and attach the bracket. stick it altogether... locate a spot for cold air feed, i used to have mine in front of radiator.

easy job to do, you can even do it blindfolded... ;)

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
Don't know if it should have, but fitting one wouldn't go amiss I would have said. :)

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
You know the pipe that attached to the old airbox coming from that plastic thing at the front, was that the air feed? and would it be better to leave the pipe attachment so that air is directed at my filter??

or is it pointless?

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
Some would say pointless and get rid of it, personally I would say leave it as it can't really do any harm as a cold feed. :D

·
Registered
8,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I left that pipe in. Its attached to a scoop that sits behind the front grill so technically its going to feed nice cold air to my well positioned filter. I managed to get it pointing straight at the filter and i have also used my mates spare samco hose as another cold air feed from the radiator aswell.

The car sounds alot better now.

I had one minor glitch though. There was flat spots all through the rev range for about 3 minutes of driving the car. I reckon the ECU was sorting its self out making the air to fuel mixtures fine again. I am guessing that was the case (after all i am doing a masters degree in mechanical engineering at university) so i should kinda know whatz happening hahaha.

After those 3 minutes of near heart attack material the cars running great!!!!!!!

Cheers for all the help guys!!!!

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
Don't know if I was any help but :thumbs:

Glad you got it fitted and working mate :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts