Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there! I just find out about this forum. I'm from Portugal and i have a Corsa C as well.
My car came with 14" wheels and i would like to change them to 15" and i have many doubts regarding the offset. I've read what you guys have wrote about being better to keep the offset between 45 and 49mm. I'm considering the OZ HYDRA rims, and my doubt is that on the site of OZ it says that this rims are compatible with the corsa c, two or three salesman's with who i spoke, said that they are compatible, but nobody could say if the rims are going to come in vauxhall/opel offset. Instead of that they look at me with stupid faces like someone that is thinking.... " what the hell is this guy talking about??? what the f#%& is offset???" for them all that matters is 4x100.
Can please anyone tell me if this wheels will fit my car? I would appreciate that very much!
Tks!

S

·
0 Posts
I am not too sure if OZ wheels do come in a friendly vauxhall offet, not many people have on corsa's so I'd say they dont come in a good offset but someone might prove me wrong. :)

You could e-mail an OZ supplier in the UK and see what they have to say? If all the people in Portugal aren't sure.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At the moment i only have seen two corsas with this rims, but their too high. I don´t know if it's because they got problems with them. :?
it's the only problem with low offset the fact you can't get your car very low? or is there some other things to consider? vibrations? suspension damage? i think the hydras come in 37 mm but i'm not sure.

Si tks, i'll do that.

·
Registered
379 Posts
that grey colour looks sweet on a corsa! looks similar to the thunder grey u get on a yaris sport. niiiiiiiiiiiiiice! :D should have it in that colour over here!u can even get an exact match on the colour of the sunstrip too!! wicked!

S

·
0 Posts
if they come in offset et37 like you say they will probs cause quite a bit of rubbing on the archs. But will a but of arch work you might get away with it. My mate on here R14LST has got et38 offset on him alloys and have rubbed a bit so has has the arched cut a bit and it is ok now, but it aint lowered.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i think i have to consider another set of wheels then. For tire 185/55 R15 is it better 6,5 or 7 wheel?

edit: You guys have to give me a hand choosing the rims for my car. Is there a database where i can see only wheels from several brands, with offset between 45 and 49?
I have to buy 15" ones and the tire has to be 185/55 r15.
Opinions are welcome. i like 5 spokes rims, like the ones in the fotos.

i'm considering also this ones...

offset 45

or this ones

are team dynamics any good?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fastrui said:
(tb ca andas??)

I love the OZ rings... :wink:
portuguese mode on: ( ya, tou a ver que se junta cá tudo :D )

You love the rims and so do i, but in fact they are not corsa friendly :cry:
It's very dificult to choose a good looking rims, with offset between 45 and 49mm
help this poor corsa driver please.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts