Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh yes- just installed my front and rear neons, you probably all have them but I am absolutely lovin mine so thought I'd share them with ya all!!!

I've ordered some blue speedo lights and interior lights off cobra too, cant wait for these to come, will look even better!

Everyone post piccies of their interior neons here, they look so nice :D OOOOoooooo I'm a little tipsy!!!

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Andy

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
Shinobi, surely yours would have looked better with red neons saying as your interior is like....Red :eek:

Looking Good anyway mate, where did you mount your rear ones?

I'm gonna fit mine this weekend I think, among other things...

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I couldnt for a while scott! I took about ten with auto flash on and you couldnt even see the neons lol!!! But I jus turned flash off and the piccies look great!!

ka$h - I was thinking of red neons but then thought blue ones would better match my stereo. I though red might clash too much with the interior.

I firstly mounted the neons under the rear speakers, but this gave off crap light. So I took them off and stuck them to the back of the seat, but high enough so they are under the parcel shelf. That way you cant see them when the boot is opened. They seem so much better here, it is incredible what difference it makes. Only thing is with them being there it becomes a ******* to shift them when seat need folding down etc....

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
That's why I was asking, cos I couldn't see em and wondered...

Did you not try to put em where the rear speakers are?

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah your right scott. But I think it's the same with everthing like that. The pictures of cars on here dont give a lot away at all! When you see them in real life they look so much better than in a piccie!!

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah Kash I put them there first of all. With them under the speakers they are more "user friendly" as it were as they never get in the way there. But two neons wont light up the whole boot in that position. With them on the back of the seat, as you can see- the whole boot is alight, it's great :D

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
shinobi said:
Oh yes- just installed my front and rear neons, you probably all have them but I am absolutely lovin mine so thought I'd share them with ya all!!!

I've ordered some blue speedo lights and interior lights off cobra too, cant wait for these to come, will look even better!

Everyone post piccies of their interior neons here, they look so nice :D OOOOoooooo I'm a little tipsy!!!

Andy
lookin well smart! 8)

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
I've got mine in place, just deciding where to get power from, and where to put the switch! I'll leave that til Saturday now tho.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
For the rear- just disconnect the boot light, get some spade connectors on the end of your wires and stick them straight into the plug there- that way your live and earth is all in place. I got rid of the switch for the boot ones for obvious reasons! The switch on the boot knocks them on now- so they only come on when the boot is opened :)

For the front I crimped them onto the ciggy lighter wires. That way my ciggy lighter still works unlike some ppls setup where they disconnected the ciggy lighter. Only thing about that is though is that the ciggy lighter fuse is a little too high ampage- but ahhh well!! It's a lot easier than runing a line to the battery and having to earth and fuse it yourself!

As for the switch, I mounted that inside the pocket under the dials. This way it's out of sight

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Had to extend them. Had all sorts of problems. They come with a transformer you see- so the wire is 240v cable. As soon as you extend it the neon goes dimmer. Up to about a metre extension is ok, but I tried extending it over that and the neon goes well dim. Went my local hardware store they gave me all sorts of cable to try but they were all the same. The wires that come with them arent even long enough to stretch across each footwell

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
I just managed to get mine in the footwells with the wires provided and just mounted the switch where the ciggy lighter plugs into as i never got one in mine

·
Registered
632 Posts
shinobi said:

Andy
Just bought some of those off E-Bay...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts