Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive looked at the tutorial to change the gear knob but i cant get the first stage(taking off the plate where the gears are marked) to unscrew it?
anyone help

·
Registered
673 Posts
Hi, I just done mine today, Can I ask what type of gear knob you are trying to remove, any pics? If you let me know I will tell you what I did if its the same as mine, It took me a while and it gets on your nerves a bit but hey its worth it!

·
Registered
9,617 Posts
Ive looked at the tutorial to change the gear knob but i cant get the first stage(taking off the plate where the gears are marked) to unscrew it?
anyone help
If it's a standard one it should just be a case of twist and pull....:thumbs:

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
if its the non SXI one pop the cap off the top with a flat head screw driver then take a hack saw to it take the black rubber foam off and the plastic white cap but leave the left reverse intact

·
Registered
202 Posts
Im stuck with this also. I have the standard SXi gear knob and cant seem to get that 1st stage done?

For SXi ones, do you need to use screwdriver or just twist and pull?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Just managed to do it this aft, took about 20 mins, the top plate came off pretty easily, then i used a screwdriver to ease the rubber/plastic vaux standard head off. Came off with a little pressure.

Now my new sparco globe looks awesome! Pics coming soon!

·
Registered
7,070 Posts
hacksaw! seriously i've had two corsa's, one with the SXi silver gearknob and one with the crappy black plastic one and i had to cut both of em off!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts