Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Well i fitted a new gearnob on my astra. The one uve got looks like its the appropriate type, lift up reverse. Otherwise you would be unable to select reverse.

I think most vauxhalls have the same set up.

1. Grip the gearshaft and turn the nob anitclockwise. This takes a bit of effort but it should come loose in the end.

2. Once uve poped the old one of, you'll notice a green plastic part attached to the metal of the gearshaft. The only way to get this off is by using a hacksaw. Sounds daunting but it comes off rather easily.

3. The gear nob should come with a set of universal spacer rings (for all makes and models of cars). Put on the appropriate ring, push the gear nob on and tighten with a grub screw.

Hey presto a shiney new gearnob.

Hope this tutorial helps, sorry no pictures. Its quite simple really.

j

·
Registered
322 Posts
yeah just like he said matey... took mine off with a quick twist simply push the other on and screw up! Fitted a richbrook unihex silver gear knob to mine... looks a lot better! :wink:

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
I cut mine, made it a lot easier. If you look it has four indentations. Cut along these with a stanley knife or something and it will pull off a hell of a lot easier

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
Fastrui, can you get a pic of your existing one.

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
Silver, it's much easier to change the whole stick. In fact reading that, there is no effort involved :D

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
Mmmmmmmmmmm well, you said it. I would be worries if I were you, no-one else seems to pull it apart with ease! :lol:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

...this is my old one!!!!!

now...any sugestions!!!!lol... :D im not very strong... :D :D ...can you help me???...

...so...in fact i gonna try again!!!!...the power is whit me!!!! :twisted: :twisted:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts