Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone I'm David I own a 2005 Corsa Breeze 1.2 twinport only done 77000 miles it's mot is due soon and on its last one it said about a rusty rear axle can you still get these parts I want to keep my car it's in very good condition I'm the second owner but the rusty rear axle is worrying me.

·
Registered
878 Posts
It is easier if you show a photo of the state to give your opinion, because the arrangement can be € 5 such as sand and paint or change it entirely, luckily in the corsa it is easy to change

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello everyone I'm David I own a 2005 Corsa Breeze 1.2 twinport only done 77000 miles it's mot is due soon and on its last one it said about a rusty rear axle can you still get these parts I want to keep my car it's in very good condition I'm the second owner but the rusty rear axle is worrying me.
It is easier if you show a photo of the state to give your opinion, because the arrangement can be € 5 such as sand and paint or change it entirely, luckily in the corsa it is easy to change
Thanks jewels will let you know how it goes MOT on the 31st but actually runs out on the 6th Feb.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Welcome to CCUK and good luck for the MOT. If the rest of the car is good and worth investing in, rear axles (especially the drum versions; the disc brake ones are a bit more valuable) are not expensive. If you're lucky and one is listed nearby on ebay with a low starting bid, you could get it very cheap. I saw a disc brake version starting at £10 and was tempted but the seller wouldn't reply to my Qs so I decided not to bid. It didn't attract a lot of interest. If it fails the MOT you won't have the luxury of waiting for the right circs but if it's an advisory again you could look out on ebay for a good bargain.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Not sure if you can still buy them new now? I know a lot of the parts for the disc braked rear beam are no longer available new and becoming hard to find secondhand in good condition.
Drum braked ones are easier to find though. Complete ones can be found as low as £50.
Like Jewels said post a photo of it as it may just need refurbishing and go on for many more years?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts