Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Corsa C 1.3 2006
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I am new on your website and need your help about my project to my Corsa C, in these days Im looking for elektrical mirrors for my Corsa C and need equipments, is it possible to fit electrical mirrors to my corsa once I got the all equipments? And also if you help me about supply equipments to my country I will be appreciate because its diffucult to find them in Turkey, waiting for your responses dear Corsa C UK Family.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Hello and welcome to ccuk, Ozgun. Yes, it is possible to convert manual mirrors to electrical

The cheapest place to buy the mirrors, switch and looms will be ebay UK, if they will post to Turkey. The door handle surround (which houses the mirror switch) will have to be bought locally or somewhere in Europe because it is designed to go in the right door for UK drivers and you need one for the left door. You could (optional) also get the tweeter covers without holes from ebay UK - they are almost worthless; I have seen one unsold for £1 for over a year.

If you have electric windows, check your wiring loom to see if the wiring for electric mirrors is already there.. In some markets where e-mirrors were common, they used the same loom but just fitted manual mirrors and left the plugs unused.

I can link ebay listings for you, if that will help. What is your car's colour? It looks like Silver Lightning, but you could always use the mirror caps you have on the replacements if a different colour is cheaper.

·
Registered
Corsa C 1.3 2006
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello and welcome to ccuk, Ozgun. Yes, it is possible to convert manual mirrors to electrical

The cheapest place to buy the mirrors, switch and looms will be ebay UK, if they will post to Turkey. The door handle surround (which houses the mirror switch) will have to be bought locally or somewhere in Europe because it is designed to go in the right door for UK drivers and you need one for the left door. You could (optional) also get the tweeter covers without holes from ebay UK - they are almost worthless; I have seen one unsold for £1 for over a year.

If you have electric windows, check your wiring loom to see if the wiring for electric mirrors is already there.. In some markets where e-mirrors were common, they used the same loom but just fitted manual mirrors and left the plugs unused.

I can link ebay listings for you, if that will help. What is your car's colour? It looks like Silver Lightning, but you could always use the mirror caps you have on the replacements if a different colour is cheaper.
Hello thanks for your reply, First of all, I have electrical windows and I think it’s got wiring loom because one of my friends had told me about it. Also, if you can link me the sellings on Ebay I will appreciate :) and I want to ask something is it reliable buy these things on ebay? Is the website protect human rights? I did not bought something before thats why I asked :))
My corsa’s colour is lilac/purple, rare colour :)

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Yes, I've bought a lot of items from ebay without having any problems. Private sellers are usually very honest but ebay and Paypal themselves do very little to help if things are not right, in my experience. Fortunately, this is rare. As for respecting your personal information (contact details, card details) they have to do this by law. I do not like ebay and Paypal as companies but they control the market, certainly in the UK, and at least they're as safe to use as any other online sales. I'll look at the listings later tonight and report back to you. You might need to use the body-colour cases that you have already.

It is worth taking a front door card off to check that the mirror wiring is there.
This video is short (some of them do a lot of talking) but it doesn't show removal of the rubber weather strip at the top of the card - do this first.

·
Registered
Corsa C 1.3 2006
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I've bought a lot of items from ebay without having any problems. Private sellers are usually very honest but ebay and Paypal themselves do very little to help if things are not right, in my experience. Fortunately, this is rare. As for respecting your personal information (contact details, card details) they have to do this by law. I do not like ebay and Paypal as companies but they control the market, certainly in the UK, and at least they're as safe to use as any other online sales. I'll look at the listings later tonight and report back to you. You might need to use the body-colour cases that you have already.

It is worth taking a front door card off to check that the mirror wiring is there.
This video is short (some of them do a lot of talking) but it doesn't show removal of the rubber weather strip at the top of the card - do this first.
Thanks a lot you are very interested to my topic :) before, i took my door card off and as in the video I have the same wiring one of them is for my windows and the other one is twetters i think.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I think my Combo Tour is the same (from my memory); window switch and tweeter only. I have looked at ebay UK and there are two problems. First is that there are not many used mirrors at a good price at this moment. Keep in mind that brand new (not original equipment, but the same pattern) electric mirrors are about £26 each, so I do not take any interest in used mirrors that are almost as expensive or more. The second problem is that I have looked at sellers who will post internationally but Turkey seems to be missing from the list. It seems that this is a decision made by ebay rather than the sellers themselves. Royal Mail economy delivery to Turkey of a package up to 2kg is £12. Parcelforce (for heavier packages) would be expensive. It would be better to get mirrors locally, but the switch and wiring might be worth sourcing from ebay UK and posting, if Turkey is expensive or hard to find the parts. Have you enquired at scrap yards locally?

·
Registered
Corsa C 1.3 2006
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think my Combo Tour is the same (from my memory); window switch and tweeter only. I have looked at ebay UK and there are two problems. First is that there are not many used mirrors at a good price at this moment. Keep in mind that brand new (not original equipment, but the same pattern) electric mirrors are about £26 each, so I do not take any interest in used mirrors that are almost as expensive or more. The second problem is that I have looked at sellers who will post internationally but Turkey seems to be missing from the list. It seems that this is a decision made by ebay rather than the sellers themselves. Royal Mail economy delivery to Turkey of a package up to 2kg is £12. Parcelforce (for heavier packages) would be expensive. It would be better to get mirrors locally, but the switch and wiring might be worth sourcing from ebay UK and posting, if Turkey is expensive or hard to find the parts. Have you enquired at scrap yards locally?
Do do you mean its possible to fit electrical mirrors with those wirings on the door? I think yes I will search for locally because, its really expensive as you have said so, If I use non-original electric mirrors is it constitute a problem?

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Aftermarket Corsa C electric mirrors should fit and connect in the same way as the original GM items. If they don't, you can send them back as not fit for purpose. This is something that you can't be sure of when buying used (obviously, used GM ones will fit, but if they have broken the seller might not refund you). The quality of construction might not be very good, as they will likely be manufactured cheaply. Here in the UK, I would buy used because they are so readily available that someone will sell them cheap just to get them out of their shed. However, in Spain I know that used parts are much more expensive and I guess it is the case also in Turkey so new copies might make more sense. If you only have wiring for windows and tweeters, you will need a driver's and passenger's door loom from a better-equipped car at the scrap yard. From what I have read, they plug straight into your existing loom and the switch will operate the mirrors successfully.

·
Registered
Corsa C 1.3 2006
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Aftermarket Corsa C electric mirrors should fit and connect in the same way as the original GM items. If they don't, you can send them back as not fit for purpose. This is something that you can't be sure of when buying used (obviously, used GM ones will fit, but if they have broken the seller might not refund you). The quality of construction might not be very good, as they will likely be manufactured cheaply. Here in the UK, I would buy used because they are so readily available that someone will sell them cheap just to get them out of their shed. However, in Spain I know that used parts are much more expensive and I guess it is the case also in Turkey so new copies might make more sense. If you only have wiring for windows and tweeters, you will need a driver's and passenger's door loom from a better-equipped car at the scrap yard. From what I have read, they plug straight into your existing loom and the switch will operate the mirrors successfully.
Yes, unfortunately. So I will look at some wirings for the doors. Thanks a lot I hope I can find the wirings, I will try to find mirrors locally.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I do see several ebay UK listings for the looms. They would be below the 2kg limit for £12 economy Royal Mail. Your best bet is to find someone who is breaking a high-spec (SXi or SRi for example) car and have the two looms, mirror switch and perhaps also the mirror/tweeter covers all in one, <2kg, parcel.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts