Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

New to the forum

2K views 27 replies 7 participants last post by  Joey83 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello.

I'm new to the forum and got my first Corsa today, I bought a 2001 Corsa Sport with the 1.8 engine.

EDIT: After having looked at it, it looks 99% rustfree and I plan on keeping it that way as long as I own it.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Vehicle door

See less See more
#4 ·
Welcome!

Your Corsa looks a little dusty, but a good detail should have it looking excellent

I'm seeing standard projector lights, front fogs, but three headrests in the back!?

Reactions: Joey83
#7 ·
Thank you, the pics were taken a few minutes after I bought it, I did wash it when I got back home and it looks alittle better, it will get detailed at some point this summer.

The foglights need replacing as they are cracked, the taillights have some moisture in side them and yes, there are 3 headrests in the back, those will be removed as I don't plan on using the rear seats for people anyway, I'll fold them down and increase the trunk size as I have a couple roadtrips planned this year, it also came with a set of stock 15" alloys with brand new tires on them.

#12 ·
You'll be surprised how much can be got back with a dose of injector cleaner in the tank (even RedEx which is often £2 - discounted - at my supermarket), fresh filters and oil, perhaps sparks if not carried out recently. This interested me and (admittedly with a diesel) I felt mine appreciated a dose and a throat-clearing motorway run.

As for the rear headrests, DE5. I know the Corsa D leathers fit (except the middle one in my Combo Tour, which has wider spaced spikes) and they are a shape that allows them to be pushed down flush. I bought a set for £10 posted. There is a set for £3.99 in Wigan but with £10 post and he wouldn't agree to either me or Delta Romeo collecting them so I passed, but £14 isn't bad (he's been stuck with them for months). Better leather than the C Exclusiv, too.

#13 · (Edited)
You'll be surprised how much can be got back with a dose of injector cleaner in the tankfresh filters and oil, perhaps sparks if not carried out recently.
That's my plan, I was told the oil was changed recently, but I will change it again including oil and fuel filters, a K&N airfilter in the stock airbox, new sparkplugs and sparkplug wires within the next couple months, I also need to buy a new stock size spare tire as the one that came with my car is as old as my Corsa (and replace the stock cd player with a more modern bluetooth capable mp3 headunit).

Interior shot, will probably go for a double din headunit, but that is not my main priority right now, and the "cupholder" on the dash will be removed.

#14 ·
That's common. The spare wheel when I got my Tour was nearly as old as my son. 3 of the 4 on the alloys (from a donor car) were nasty, and a 5th alloy had no tyre, so I relegated the one still-decent alloy+tyre to the spare and had fresh all-weathers on the other four before taking it from UK to Spain.

Interesting interior picture. The Sport looks similarly equipped/styled to the UK SXi, but with a different seat fabric. Aircon AND heated seats - very useful. I can't live without the AC in Malaga, but I haven't bothered to wire up my (non-original) heated seats yet. I don't really use it in UK winter.

The CDR2005 is at least a decent-sounding HU. While you're putting up with it, it might be worth getting a Bluetooth receiver/transmitter so you can play your phone through it. They're about €15 on ebay, or less if you can wait a few weeks to be shipped direct from China. I've linked to a good unit in another recent thread, but can put one here if you're curious.

#22 ·
Yes, 185/55/15s are the standard for alloys on a C. I have them on mine although a Combo Tour has 185/60/15s if fitted originally. I am changing my plate from GB to ES and I'm hoping that the (very strict, I'm told) inspection before importing doesn't make a big deal about it. Pretty expensive and unnecessary for me to re-tyre it just for that reason.

There is a very old sticky thread about wheels and tyres and 195/45/16 was considered to be the best handling/comfort compromise at the time. I think 16s look better, even without any lowering, and might get some at the right price in the future for summer wheels.

I haven't fitted the Exclusiv rear bench into my Tour, DE5, because the fixings are a bit different and I basically gave up (rear passengers can walk if they don't like cloth). I might pull it out of the garage and try again this spring but I've got a feeling it is also two-headrests only.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.