Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
First time on the site so apologies if I've started in the wrong place.
Just a few lines to introduce myself.
I'm Phil (Phizzyt60). 69 years young and the proud owner of a 1998 Corsa convertible. (rag top).
I shall attempt to attach a few pics for anyone who's interested.
Audrey is on 142000+ miles and still going strong. Unlike her owner!
She has a recent water pump, oil pump, alternator, timing belt and pulleys. Axle beam was replaced a year ago along with the rear springs.
Engine pulls like a train and I'd trust her to take me anywhere.
Downside is the hood.
Could do with a replacement now but amazingly still doesn't leak anywhere.
Unlike her owner!!
Well that's us.
I await your comments etc.
Phizzyt60

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
welcome to ccuk, dont think i have ever seen a corsa b rag top
I haven't either. There used to be one around the Cardiff area where I live, but haven't seen it for years. Mine is the only one I've seen on the road in a long time around here. I've heard different suggestions that there were about 100 made for the British market but couldn't honestly say how many were made. It's all Opel under the bonnet so I'm thinking it was built in Germany, but it's all Vauxhall badges outside. It is a factory made monstrosity though. Top gear gave it the distinction as being one of the ugliest convertibles on the road. Came 5th I believe. 👍 So if anyone out there has any info on it, I'd love to hear. I've tried and can't find anything.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Welcome.
There are a few about. Try joining one of the Vauxhall face book groups if you use Facebook? Vaux-web has a lot of odd ball Vauxhall cars in it and will be at VBOA rally in July where you might meet another Corsa B convertible.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome.
There are a few about. Try joining one of the Vauxhall face book groups if you use Facebook? Vaux-web has a lot of odd ball Vauxhall cars in it and will be at VBOA rally in July where you might meet another Corsa B convertible.
Cheers for that. I shall look into it.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Welcome to CCUK, Phil. I remember a Car article way back about not-so-successful decapotables and the Punto was described as looking like a slipper but I don't remember the contemporaneous B appearing (sounds like it might have been too rare anyway). I'm impressed by your door coverings - very in keeping with era, that Burberry check look. Is that similar to what was there or did you go for a new look? I really need to replace my scratchy grey cloth but the C/Combo cards are an awkward shape.

Vx-ON (the owner's network) doesn't have a specific B sub-forum but there are or have been posts in the small/medium Vauxhall sub-forum which might be worth a hunt around to see if there are relevant posts.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome to CCUK, Phil. I remember a Car article way back about not-so-successful decapotables and the Punto was described as looking like a slipper but I don't remember the contemporaneous B appearing (sounds like it might have been too rare anyway). I'm impressed by your door coverings - very in keeping with era, that Burberry check look. Is that similar to what was there or did you go for a new look? I really need to replace my scratchy grey cloth but the C/Combo cards are an awkward shape.

Vx-ON (the owner's network) doesn't have a specific B sub-forum but there are or have been posts in the small/medium Vauxhall sub-forum which might be worth a hunt around to see if there are relevant posts.

Hi and thank you for the welcome and also from Andy too.
The Burberry was the final choice after looking at Welsh dragon material and also various tartans. I thought the Burberry would give it a retro 60s flavour even though the car is a lot younger than that. The original cloth on the doors was dark blue patterned and so worn out you could barely make out the pattern. It made the inside very dull so the Burberry was chosen to cheer it up a bit. I have only just done that in the past week. Got to do the rear door card covers now. I've also covered the roll cage bars with the same. The originals were plain black and totally rotten and falling to bits. Bought the cloth from Amazon. Just some cheap stuff about £5 a running meter at 54" wide. Glad you like it. Trying to tidy her up a bit prior to selling. 😢

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Burberry is more of a late 80s - mid 90s thing for car interiors in my head (and I remember the trench coats having a bit of name/look recognition amongst kids in the early/mid 2000s) so it fits as a luxe-look for your B, imo. The wheels are a nice part of the overall vibe, too. When you come to sell, I can imagine people going for it. While all but the best Cs are in the "bangers and runners" category right now, Novas and Bs in good condition are attracting buyers.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Burberry is more of a late 80s - mid 90s thing for car interiors in my head (and I remember the trench coats having a bit of name/look recognition amongst kids in the early/mid 2000s) so it fits as a luxe-look for your B, imo. The wheels are a nice part of the overall vibe, too. When you come to sell, I can imagine people going for it. While all but the best Cs are in the "bangers and runners" category right now, Novas and Bs in good condition are attracting buyers.
Thanks for the heads up on the selling market. I haven't explored it that much yet so wasn't sure what sort of reception it might get. It's still a work in progress as any car of this age usually is, but it's a good reliable runner that does turn heads.
Being a 60s kid I kind of associate it with that era, Mary Quant styling and Carnaby Street chic, etc.
A step too far??:cool:

·
Registered
116 Posts
PS:
I've just recovered Audreys door cards. Comments please? Keep them clean!
Absolutely no way!!!!!!

I've been going to do my Combo door panels in this because nobody else had it lol, gutted!!!!

I've always loved it since my uncle had a Mk2 Astra SRi with the same interior.

You don't see may of these now, it'll be worth a few quid in a few years, looks tidy mate, hope you enjoy it

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Absolutely no way!!!!!!

I've been going to do my Combo door panels in this because nobody else had it lol, gutted!!!!

I've always loved it since my uncle had a Mk2 Astra SRi with the same interior.

You don't see may of these now, it'll be worth a few quid in a few years, looks tidy mate, hope you enjoy it

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk
Ooh! I'd like those seats in mine. Nice. Sorry about beating you to it. I also did the roll cage bars too but I think they need to be redone. Bit crappy. lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts