Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all new to this site just got my self a little Corsa c just a 1.2 design model also have a combo c ill take a pic of the combo later

·
Administrator, Trusted Seller
605,313 Posts
Welcome to ccuk

Nice base model any plans?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure which way to go yet subtle and clean looking is what I'm thinking for now any recommendations?

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Hello and welcome; nice tidy C you have there and (y) to Combo follow-up pic(s).

Me personally, I take more of an interest in higher trim level stuff (ignoring dreamer prices; real auctions on ebay attract only sensible bidding) rather than aftermarket items that can still be quite expensive even as used (Irmscher, Angel Eye for example). The sea of mid-grey plastic is a bit depressing imho and silver from SXi and SRi brightens the interior a bit. 15" alloys are cheap but Corsa drivers must be the world's worst parkers judging by all the scuffs out there. 16" Sri and Exclusiv alloys are higher priced but look better. 4-stud D alloys will fit fine but tyres will be 195/55/16 when you want 195/45/16 to maintain the same radius. A personal fave of mine, going up to 17", are the Penta alloys as can be found on the Tigra B.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers, the wheels are what I wasn't sure on most I have Sri wheels on my combo was thinking about swapping them to this but I'm liking the look of the exclusive wheels if I can get my hands on a set cheap wanting to keep it oem as possible ?

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Yes that's a sensible treat to look for. Despite having enough wheels around to turn mine into an artic, I always put nice and/or good value ones on watch in my sad, nightly ebay scans.
If you want, with a rough idea of your location, I can flag up promising contenders (I comply with 'cease and desist' orders). It gives my unhealthy dependency an excuse to carry on rather than seek help.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Well worth the wait; nice polish you have on your Combo (and GM mudflaps). I have a couple of nerdy questions, if you don't mind.

Did you add on the body colour SE front bumper and mirrors or were they stock? The reason I ask is that the SE usually has a body colour rear bumper but maybe 2010 vehicles got a bit upgraded.

Secondly, the SRi alloys look very good and I wondered if the suspension is lowered. It might be the parking on a tilt, but 16s do make the arches look better filled. I don't have any coil plans, but I would grab a set of 16s or 17s if everything fell into place.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi @ozsubrosa, cheers it was used as my daily before I used it for my business hense the cleanliness, when I got the van it had the black plastic bumper on the front I changed it a sprayed it, same with the mirrors just popped the back plastic off and sprayed them makes it look a bit more modern also with the alloys I changed the tyre profile mainly for the weight as using it as my work van now tyres are 185 55 16 think they suit the van better aswel as they fill the arches better

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Welcome to the 'body-colour bumper club' (we allow in SE owners as Associate Members but DIY gets the full blazer badge and tie). The bobbly grey bumper replacement really lifts the looks, IMO, and Peps and I scoured for the annoyingly rare/expensive white ones. Opel grille made it a bigger PITA for me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yea would love one of those Opel grills for it also after an irmscher grill for my C

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Mine's an Opel Combo Tour (lhd) which came with the std Opel front bumper (bobbly grey, pre-facelift style) that I disliked. Used parts in Spain (where I semi-live) are ridiculous, so I just got the grille online from a Barcelona breaker. The white bumper I got in Yorkshire, with the Vx grille, drove down to Malaga and then yoinked out (claw hammer - subtle, me) the top grille for the Blitz one. Ireland should be a source, but sellers there seem to want a lot for some old plastic, too. The Irmscher grille was present (but with a lot of snapped bits) on a £15 damaged bumper (I was interested in the SRi fogs and lower grille) in Bradford, but the seller didn't turn up. Usually, Irmscher C parts still don't sell for cheaps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
  1. So just picked a set of Sri wheels up cheap put them on for a test fit as they have been painted gold lol what's people's thoughts on the colour

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
A Sam Sparro song on permanent loop with the windows down will work. It's not for me, but it's a combination that goes together. I have a gold (they call 'Sahara') Modus and some nice Renault alloys came up but they were vermilion-red which would have looked hideous. At least your setup looks intentional, and it's growing on me as I scroll up/down. I'd probably go all mainstream for silver myself (black would look a bit cod-gangsta) but I wouldn't necessarily hurry.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Just thought I'd flag this for you, Wardy:

A drop from £35 to £25 makes it mildly, rather than wildly, optimistic. Supermod Pugh125k will be able to tell you better than I how much of an annoyance that snap in the base plate would be once fitted. Anyhoo, a further drop or throwing in an offer might make it worth me mentioning.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts