Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
baisically, I’m new to this Iv just got my first ever z20let corsa c and I’m wanting some advice from people as to how I want it and what’s needed etc, baisically I’m wondering what bhp is safe and what’s needed to get it around 300/350 bhp.. ie turbos etc any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Deep pockets to start with.
You will probably need a different inlet manifold, cams, bigger turbo possibly with a different exhaust manifold, 3" turbo back exhaust, big front mount intercooler, forged rods and pistons, bigger injectors and fuel pump.

Stock internals on the Z20lets don't last long above 280-300bhp.
Your best off joining the zlet lovers on facebook.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Deep pockets to start with.
You will probably need a different inlet manifold, cams, bigger turbo possibly with a different exhaust manifold, 3" turbo back exhaust, big front mount intercooler, forged rods and pistons, bigger injectors and fuel pump.

Stock internals on the Z20lets don't last long above 280-300bhp.
Your best off joining the zlet lovers on facebook.
I’ll have a look 👀 it’s got a front mount and vxr turbo on already (well turbo) mount to be added has got the vxr piston and injectors so inlet cams rods and fuel pump?

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
The Z20LEH will also need bigger turbo and forged pistons to be safe at 300+bhp The injectors will need to be bigger than the VXR blue ones. Siemens Deka 630cc will be enough.
Vauxhall pistons may as well be made of chocolate as they don't take much power before melting.
I would also fit ARP main bearing bolts and the new forged rods should have them any way plus new mains and big ends. Saenz rods are among the best rods you can get for the old Vauxhall 2.0L engines.
Loads will tell you you don't need any of that stuff to get the power you want but they will not tell you the engines don't last long like that. While engine is apart replace the stem seals and fit better springs.
You can use X20XEV cams as a small upgrade. A friend had a set in the his Corsa C which made 368bhp back in 2008. He did also have a Garrett turbo and tubular manifold with an EDS inlet, PEC rods and Wiseco pistons. He only had a 2.5" exhaust with a 100cpi main cat though.
Nevlock are as good a place as any to get all the parts you will need.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Z20LEH will also need bigger turbo and forged pistons to be safe at 300+bhp The injectors will need to be bigger than the VXR blue ones. Siemens Deka 630cc will be enough.
Vauxhall pistons may as well be made of chocolate as they don't take much power before melting.
I would also fit ARP main bearing bolts and the new forged rods should have them any way plus new mains and big ends. Saenz rods are among the best rods you can get for the old Vauxhall 2.0L engines.
Loads will tell you you don't need any of that stuff to get the power you want but they will not tell you the engines don't last long like that. While engine is apart replace the stem seals and fit better springs.
You can use X20XEV cams as a small upgrade. A friend had a set in the his Corsa C which made 368bhp back in 2008. He did also have a Garrett turbo and tubular manifold with an EDS inlet, PEC rods and Wiseco pistons. He only had a 2.5" exhaust with a 100cpi main cat though.
Nevlock are as good a place as any to get all the parts you will need.
thats very useful, appreciate your time to reply current engine is the z20let with the vxr turbo, pistons and also injectors but I will certainly take your advice on the items listed I appreciate it 👌👌

1 - 5 of 5 Posts