Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
if its the same thing thats up on the Pentagon site then its a load of crap.

No new law has ben passed and ppl up here have contacted the traffics about this and they sed they woild still police tints like they usually do..

ie: they will pull / fine sumone with excessivly high tints (for example LIMO)

·
Registered
71 Posts
TINTS

MY MATE IS A PRO TINTER HE DOES IT AS A JOB
HAVING YOURE FRONT WINDOWS DONE IS ""ILLEGALL"" ALSO YOURE WINDSCREEN,ALSO TOO DARK IS ILLEGAL HOWEVER MOST POLICE ARE MORE CONCERNED WIV HOW DARK YOUR TINTS ARE RATHER THAN IF YOURE FRONT WINDOWS ARE TINTED,THEY NEED TO SEE WHO IS DRIVING VEHICLE, ALSO SUNSCREENS ARE ILLGAL COS YOU CANT SEE THRU EM AND ANYTHING WHICH IS IN WAY OF WIPER BLADE SWEEP IS MOT FAILIURE!!!
HOWEVER DO WOT I DID FITTED LIMO BLACK TO **INSIDE** OF WINDOW,CAN SEE THRU IT FINE BUT LOOKS BLACK FROM OUTSIDE,,ALSO DUNT GET SCRATCHED OR PEEL OFF OR HAVE THOSE ORRIBLE WIPER BLADE MARKS........ SORTED

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
10% obscurity is the max without penalty, also clear security film is allowed. All others are punishable with a fine and points (at the officers discretion!).

This is bad news if you're tinted basically. 10% isn't worth bothering with, which is one reason why the manufacturers don't bother, and personally neither would I.

I do have 20% however, and it was on more than 6 months before the law was passed, therefore I have some fighting chance of keeping it.

As my best mate owns his own tinting co, I have read the paperwork concerned with this, and it is therefore not just a tale to scare people! :evil:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
kash said:
10% obscurity is the max without penalty, also clear security film is allowed.
My mate works for Audi and has just got a new A3 with tints around the back then this security film on the front and I can say it looks quite good, the film is transparent but quite thick so has a kind of shine to it and with the tints at the back just looks like the front is tinted too!

·
Registered
453 Posts
well I just had my car tinted and had light smoke on the front side windows, dark smoke on the back side windows and limo black on the quater lights and back window :)

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
theres actually an article in a new scottish car magazine, where they went along to the VOSA test center , where they conduct the light tests on the car window.s

While they were there, they got a list of light percentages and the fines/actions that they would take depending on what tint u have.

I dont have the table on me at the moemnt but will put it up later... but basically, it states NO where that u are NOT alloud front tints.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts