Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yes, someone else has upgraded their 1.2 SXi to an Astra VXR..
Some of you may know my C,

Waited for my two years no claims bonus to come along before looking for a VXR.
Wanted a red one and found this in the middle of december, put a deposit down and had to wait 3 weeks to collect it due to my 2nd years no claims not coming into play on the 6th Jan.
06 Plate, done 41k and full service history, chuffed

Loved the drive home, plans at present are;
-Restore headlights
-De-Badge
-Remove the front tints
-Eibach Pro-Street S Coilovers
-18" Alloys
As well as getting my plate moved across to the VXR which takes bloody ages!!

No power plans as happy with the power at present and don't want to increase it before im used to it.

Got some bits done today,
Cleaned again

New wipers as had some lying around and current ones were ****!

Boot floor was the shambles, so got a new one,
Old

New

And the car, annoyingly, didn't come with the VXR mats, previous owner must have know what they were worth :cry:
Anyway, had to get the genuine VX ones as couldn't bring myself to buy the ones off of ebay!

Was planning to remove the front tints and de-badge today as well but weather was awful, so that's next.
Also ordered a VXR badge to go on the front grille :D

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got some bits done today, they may only be small but change the look of the car significantly..

Firstly seeing as I had the day off, and the weather wasn't ****, rushed outside to remove the front tints.
Before

During

After

Personally I think it looks better with just the back windows tinted, and I wasn't sure if the front tint went past the legal limit or not, either way got it done while the sun was out!

Next I went about de-badging the rear, I knew that subcard wuld come in handy one day!

Whilst doing that, the post came!!

Finished up with the badges and gave it it's third clean in as week, new record for me!

Had to get my haircut so it ended up being dark by the time I wanted to put the front grille badge on, had to put the front end in the garage and it sets the front off nicely!

Doubt anything else will happen before the VXROnline Ace Cafe Meet, so just to keep it clean and spotless until then!

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Must allow 70% of light through yo!
When are we gonna race?
:ninja:

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ow aswell josh what are the alloys on your c think they look smart, want a set for mine :D
Calibre motion white 2 in 17", and Matt was only joking!

That awkward post where someone takes you seriously when you take the piss out of your mate :|
Haha he didn't know!

Must allow 70% of light through yo!
When are we gonna race?
:ninja:
You are correct indeed, or can be 30% tinted in other words!
And whenever you can catch up to 70mph after I get there first ;)

1 - 20 of 70 Posts