Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi first time moaner
I acquired a Corsa C for my granddaughter to learn to drive. All was well until it developed the problem of the car no starting now and again. The spanner/car dash light would flash and no start but cranked ok. Disconnect battery for 15 mins. Switch on dash light on continuous starts immediately. Done all earths plus supplementary earth to ECU. Any tips welcome!

·
Registered
457 Posts
Do the pedal test, there's various guides here.

When you insert the key and turn to ignition position 2, can you hear the fuel pump prime (run for 2 seconds then cut out)? If not I'd check the crankshaft sensor

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do the pedal test, there's various guides here.

When you insert the key and turn to ignition position 2, can you hear the fuel pump prime (run for 2 seconds then cut out)? If not I'd check the crankshaft sensor
Bought a new sensor on replacing it found plug loose and just resting on socket and sensor had 2 o rings fitted. Thought this is good but turned to be short lived. Next evening started car no probs then for no reason I stopped it and turned on the ignition again but left it on for a minute and the flashing spanner/car light came on again . Cranked but no start. Problem back BUMMER now teed off.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
This is the pedal test Cal was referring to

Give it a go and post up what codes appear. There are people on here that could well recognise hoary old chestnuts of typical C problems. Just because a code says a so-and-so malfunction, it might be that something else is causing that malfunction, rather than the so-and-so itself.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Which engine is the car? I know the z10xe/p Z12xe/p and z14xep should only have 1 oring on the sensor. having 2 on it may make it sit slightly to far away from the reluctor ring on the crank shaft?
After this best thing is to get the codes read. Flashing EML is quite often an immobilizer fault.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Which engine is the car? I know the z10xe/p Z12xe/p and z14xep should only have 1 oring on the sensor. having 2 on it may make it sit slightly to far away from the reluctor ring on the crank shaft?
After this best thing is to get the codes read. Flashing EML is quite often an immobilizer fault.
  • z14xep engine
  • done pedal test showed 1612 - 1614
  • 2 o rings on old crank sensor made me think it was to far away to get good reading and with loose plug as well I was on to a winner.
  • can’t hear the fuel pump prime, but the fuel rail is always pressurised when a push the shrouded valve.
*Gad gauges out the loom connector is the wonder lead type and not anchored down.
Help

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
So you have put it together with 1 oring now?
Fault codes are for transponder chip miss match. I have a Meriva A that does this with it's main flip key. Works fine with spare though so using that. No apparent faults with key, chip is still in place and undamaged.
Also as its the Z14XEP check the ECU to Engine plug at ECU for oil. The oil pressure switches are know to fail and force oil down the loom resulting in poor connections at ECU and other plugs.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Engine lamp flashing means he lost the key transponder most likely. He can put all the sensors in the world, it won't fix it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts