Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wus gonna leeve my i.c.e till last to do...but the standard speekaz r crackingly pish. av already replaces front speekerz....just want to get back 6x9's for now....

if i get them can i just wire them up to my hu or will me have to get an amp to get proper sounds outa them?....hu give out 4x50watt

anyhelp cheers! :)

·
Registered
190 Posts
No you dont need an amp, you will be surprised how good they sound off the HU!

I have infinity 6x9's, they sound well good without an amp. Id get them first, then if you decide you want to amp them you can.

S

·
0 Posts
corsaboy said:
I have infinity 6x9's, they sound well good without an amp. Id get them first, then if you decide you want to amp them you can.
Thats the same as what I did, got Infinity 6x9's just running off hu.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cool...i just didnt want to look at amps coz there were so many and am not that interested the now....just want the rest of am car sorted.......so can i just disconnect the rear speaker wires and use them for the 6x9's?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
also, how is it u match up the speekers?...is the rms need to be the same on each hu and speekers or can the speekers be higher rms?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Yeah you just disconnect them. Its not the easiest, space is quite limited. You will need some speaker wire, the original wire is very short. I also bought some Autoleads connectors (4 quid a pair frm Halfords), it saved cutting any wire on the car loom.

All 6x9s will cope with far more power than the HU output, this dosent matter. Generally the more expensive the 6x9s the better they will sound!

Polarity is irrelevant for speakers.

Hope this helps,

j

·
Registered
15 Posts
Be carefull with the polarity of the preakers becace if the transpose the +ve and -ve you wil end up with an " out of phase" signal which apart from knackering the cone , surround, spider and voice coil of the speaker at anything approaching a decent volume you will lose all bass, this is because the speaker will be pulling not pushing ( in effect the speaker is in reverse).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts