Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
am getting ma car lowered for my nxt cash splash.....any suggestions?.....spring or sports kits
any advice and makes i shouold consider?....dont want to go over 300

S

·
0 Posts
Depends on how low you want to go! I've heard that the Eibach -30mm springs are quite good and also Apex -40 springs. Both cost about the £100 mark well maybe a but more.

S

·
0 Posts
For eibach -30mm springs it is about £119.99 but look around for other prices. Thats what I would go for! You'll be find with a -30mm drop on standard shocks, etc with just new springs. Loads of have people have done this and had no problems.

Going for a full kit will obivously give a better result, but that will probs cost you double the price of springs alone.

·
Registered
7 Posts
ive got 40mm apex springs on mine cost me £160, thats supplied and fitted, u would be better off getting the full kit but they cost about 4 times as much as springs.

so far ive had my springs on for about 5 months and had no probs and it handles and feels loads better than the standered springs, makes the car look smart too... 8) 8)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol! well....now i dont no...cos every1 telling me to get full kits and every1 tellin me has got springs!?..... :shock: :?: would there reely be a difference? i meen not is if i have a race spec corsa, just reely want to rub it in my frend clio face...(thinks his car cool,...sits about a meter of the ground)

·
Registered
771 Posts
vxc said:
lol! well....now i dont no...cos every1 telling me to get full kits and every1 tellin me has got springs!?..... :shock: :?: would there reely be a difference? i meen not is if i have a race spec corsa, just reely want to rub it in my frend clio face...(thinks his car cool,...sits about a meter of the ground)
lol sum car look alrite off da ground, but tis always best 2 lower em

·
Registered
7 Posts
u said uve only got about £300, u cant get any coilovers with that little, so instead i would go for the sports springs which cost about £160 fitted and then get a front and rear strut brace fitted, u can get these for around £40. with the springs alone u will see the diffference straight away and u wont be dissapointed i wasnt, but because ur springs are stiffer ull need the strut braces cos the stiffer springs cause the car to twist more, get the braces on and ull have a nice low car that looks great and drives like a go kart.(this is a good thing) 8) 8)

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
spike2k said:
ive got 40mm apex springs on mine cost me £160, thats supplied and fitted, u would be better off getting the full kit but they cost about 4 times as much as springs.

so far ive had my springs on for about 5 months and had no probs and it handles and feels loads better than the standered springs, makes the car look smart too... 8) 8)
had apex on my old corsa c

cost - 75 quid from pvd and 30 bucks to fit :D

·
Registered
71 Posts
lowering kits

if youre gonna lower a car youve got to do it properly,its no good fitting springs and dampers and just leaving it like that,youve got to uprate the bushes and check and alter the tracking,also fitting strut braces takes the extra stress off the bodywork caused by lowering it,youre tyres wear out a lot quicker if you dont do it all properly.even if you just fit lowering springs it causes a lot more wear on the standard shocks and also the steering assemblies,my mate just fitted lowering springs on his puma about 3 months ago and its already damaged his rear dampers/cost him £200 to pass his mot just cos off that!!! the whole set up of the car is affected by lowering it,,do you think that touring cars have just lowering kits fitted and thats it!!there is a lot more too it than that,,a badly
fitted or badly set up suspension is very very dangerous and **will** affect handling and braking in a bad way,slamming youre car and not changing the other affected parts is gonna seriously **** them up and you may end up with a death trap.i realise corsa c is a new car but fitting lowering kits to older cars causes massive amounts of stress on all the components and the bodywork,thats the whole point of suspension,to protect the chassis and the handling and pressures on the components,if your gonna do it ,do it right,my suspension is standard(17"s fitted)and it looks fine,its not slammed but its not riding high either,the sxi actually comes with sporty suspension as standard!!!,also my teeth arent rattled out by all the potholes!!!

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
If its an sxi then go for Apex 40mm springs (PVD aprox 86 quid delivered)

HAd them on my old corsa c, ride was good, but slightly bouncy on my car as my car didnt have the SXI upreated shox.

Sxis, are slightly stiffer so it will be coolmate!

·
Registered
437 Posts
2004 Face Lift SXI

I know during the face lift vauxhall tweaked around with the specifications of the SXI. Does anyone know if they altered the supension? Just my bros got a Y reg SXI which was advertised as having improved suspension and mines an 04 but nothing was mentioned in the spec about suspension upgrade from lower donw the line models. Any one shead any light on this?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts