Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright lads,I’ve got a oil leak on my z12xep,it seems to be running from somewhere next to the bottom of the oil filter housing and is then running down the front of the engine to the gearbox and then dripping down,i have checked and the oil filter housing and that is dry and tight. I have looked at the other posts on here regarding oil leaks and the common places and I wouldn’t say it’s the sump because it looks too high up for there if anyone has any input that would be greatly appreciated
Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hope ya dont get confused to what forums ya ask questions on 🤷‍♂️
Just thought I’d ask on a couple different ones see if I get any different answers.

I've answered his post over on VXON.

Must be the cam cover gasket.
I might’ve been wrong About the location of where it began because one of the lads at work says It tastes like gearbox oil

·
Registered
495 Posts
I had it on my corsa, the smelt was burned like a fire when the oil was leaked. The problem was caused from the rocker cover gasket that was worn out. When I replaced the new gasket, it have solved the problem. I am getting no more leaks, no more burn smells...etc. I was very close to blow the engine up when the oil ran low, the dashboard light came on to warn me of the low oil level so they have saved the engine. You need to get a new gasket, get one from vauxhall dealer and do the sump at the same time otherwise you won't know when your sump gasket goes on the way out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts