Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings everyone im from South Africa i have a 2007 Opel Corsa Utility Club 1.8 (Bakkie) im suspecting that it has elecrrical issues i dnt have any mechanical background, the car dims when i press the brakes or turn the steering wheel, and when i depressed the brakes the revs go up,(i just changed the idle air control valve bt it didnt help) the aircon has been dead for a while i jus need the some sort of diagram for the relays nd fuses with the appropriate voltages(amps) and il welcome any advice or suggestions. Thank you

·
Registered
Corsa C 2004 z10xep
90 Posts
By what you are saying it could be a bad earth and when you have a good amount of usage the power is dropping. Dimming lights etc. It could also be a bad connection from alternator. Check the battery terminals and follow the ground wires to shell there are a few of them. And check the 2 grounds on the engine one at ecu and other is on one of the engine to gearbox housing. Bolt Round the back. Check these and let us know.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Unfortunately for you the ute's or Bakkies are wired completely different to the UK spec'd models on the Corsa C platform. so finding any wiring diagrams or even fuse lay outs is going to be hard. A friend in the UK has managed to find one that was imported from SA and he has now fitted the z22se engine and supercharger. This was quite a task as nobody could find wiring diagrams for the ute and nobody in SA even Opel dealers would help.

It does sound like you may have 2 faults, 1 an air leak on the brake servo line somewhere, try spraying brake cleaner along the vacuum pipes and listen for engine rpm to increase to find the leak. 2 the alternator or main power wires to the engine could be in poor condition, check the wiring and connections and for 13.2V + at the battery with engine running.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts