Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone this is my first post here. Before this I've been reading trough the forum to see if I could find a solution to the problem I've been having with my Corsa. Long story short I got my driving license about 3 weeks ago and bought a second hand Corsa C 1.0 from 2001 with 89.000 km, I drove the car with no problems however after 2 weeks the engine light came up. I did the pedal test to see the codes and this is what it reported:

P0141 - O2 Sensor Heater Circuit (Bank 1 Sensor 2)
P0136 - O2 Sensor Circuit (Bank 1 Sensor 2)
P0135 - O2 Sensor Heater Circuit (Bank 1 Sensor 1)
P0340 - Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit
P1600
P1405 - Exhaust Gas Recirculation Solenoid High

The car drives fine, no problems starting up, revs look good, does not stall, temperature is ok, no idling problems. Does anyone know what could be wrong with the car ? I've seen that the P1600 could be a bad ICU but also can be triggered by other error codes like the O2 sensor. P1405 is related to the EGR valve maybe it needs a cleaning or worse a new One. Could it also be triggered by a bad O2 sensor ? A friend of mine connected a new EGR just to see if it would fix the error code but we came to the conclusion that the old EGR valve is working. I really hope its nothing serious or expensive to fix since this is my first car. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Can you check if either of the o2 sensors or egr has 12v on any of the pins with the connector disconected.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Also check if fuse 33 will take a fuse. Its the one i pointed out above but looks like it might not be in use.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Might well be a fuse as Marks has suggested.

Failing that I'd check the wiring in the engine bay for damage, including the wiring connections. Check for corroded pins too.

Worst case scenario is 2 lambda sensors, a camshaft position sensor and an egr valve.

The EGR valve is bad for clogging up with carbon and triggering codes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Might well be a fuse as Marks has suggested.

Failing that I'd check the wiring in the engine bay for damage, including the wiring connections. Check for corroded pins too.

Worst case scenario is 2 lambda sensors, a camshaft position sensor and an egr valve.

The EGR valve is bad for clogging up with carbon and triggering codes.
Hi. I've checked the fuses as Marks suggested. I didnt saw any blown or corroded fuses and pins. All the conections seem to be getting power. Its weird because even with all these errors that the car reports it still runs fine, no starting problems, accelaretes fine, no losing power, iddling is good, no weird noises, etc. I've been using the car for very short trips to see if shows any symptons but nothing has appeared yet besides the engine light and the errors mentioned. What I may have noticed but cant be 100% sure, is an increase in fuel usage but that can just be my head. I think if the lambda sensors plus the camshaft were bad it would have shown other symptons but I may be wrong. Could just be a clogged or failing EGR valve, I dont know if it would have any connection to the sensors

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Did you check for 12v at the sensors and egr
I did, it does have 12v going through them, I only checked 1 of the sensor since I cant easily go under the car to check the other. But the EGR valve and the front O2 sensor do have power going through

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
It can do yes. Leaky oil pressure switch forces oil into the loom. See if theres any in the ecu connectors

1 - 19 of 19 Posts