Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Original fitted with an 1.4 Z14XEP 90HP engine and manual gearbox. Audio CDC40 Opera and GID display.

Fitted (retroffited) with:
  • Irmscher Deltas 17" wheels
  • 1.8 Z18XE engine coupled to an Zafira A AF17 automatic gearbox
  • ESP 8.0 Bosch
  • Meriva A auto clocks
  • DVD90 Navi
  • Meriva A display CID
  • UHP4 bluetooth module
  • OEM alarm system
  • Webasto Thermo Top E stationary heating, with T100HTM remote and Multicontrol local controls
  • leather seats redone
  • dension interface for aux-in, usb and lighting cable
  • comfort signalling module
  • corner lighting module
  • canbus gatway for the Zafira A TCM interface to the clocks
  • Irmscher Double D silencer
  • climate control
  • automatic dimming mirror
Under the body, all has been renewed with regards to brakes, bushes, arms, steering, hand brake cables, hoses, exhaust except catalyst converter.
Water leaks have been resolved once the dash was out to retrofit auto gearbox pedals, cables, electrical wiring and webasto wiring.

Car had 76.000 km when I bought it from an online auction.

Future plans: dynamic rear view camera waiting for postage, to be coupled with an CID video interface I have laying around. Plus a PC stick to it, but I am not sure, screen is too small.

IMG_0160.jpg IMG_0161.jpg IMG_0162.jpg IMG_0164.jpg IMG_0167.jpg IMG_0168.jpg IMG_0169.jpg IMG_0171.jpg

·
Registered
199 Posts
Personally Tigra is not my cup of tea, but this one is a very nice project. I did not know that Tigra had a corner lighting, does it take angle signal from steering wheel ESP sensor? Never seen that option in a Corsa BCM variant config.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Indeed, Tigra does not have corner lighting factory fitted. I used an corner lighting module made for Astra H Zafira B Vectra C Signum Corsa D and manipulated the canbus ID for the steering angle sensor to match what the module was expecting, with the help of a canbus router made by Peak Systems and programmed by me in C++.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bcm is still able to control the fog lights, by oem relays, as per statutory and legal requirements. However, the corner lighting module is installed on the power lines to the bulbs, as the turn on turn off has to be done by PWM, otherwise bulbs will fail pretty fast due to thermal shock.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Understood. I thought BCM was controlling the foglights for the corner lighting instead. By this "hacking" of canbus i guess you can add anything from any car? Like for example color displays from newer Opels which are much easier to find, but all communication goes through canbus.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Color display is a computer in itself. I try to understand how one can transform PWM signals for BC, into canbus values for example an Vectra C display. It's an enormous task which exceeds all costs an Vivaro / Meriva CID would cost.

But I agree, for a dedicated display, you can take a looot of data from canbus.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Perfect Tigra, Liviu. You didn't mention the Irmscher steering wheel, was that already there? I like them, but they tend to sell a bit high for me. Also, it looks like CC is fitted - correct?

I would love that car for Malaga, great job you've done.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks. Yes, indeed, I forgot to mention the steering wheel. I had it purchased from new and was fitted in my other Corsa C. CC has been installed as well.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Fresh coming in, an reverse view camera, paired to a CID interface and of course, a CID. Proof tested on bench, now the car installation to follow...

One picture made with no light in the room, only laptop screen on and the other, with lights turned on. Image quality ok to me, can't complain.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
If there are any houses for sale near to you, Liviu, I might contact the estate agent. Your Tigra is how I would like my Combo Tour to be.

·
Administrator, Trusted Seller
605,307 Posts
very nice

1 - 14 of 14 Posts