Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Outside temp. isn't working anymore says --.- where the clock is. It worked yesterday but stopped working today. Is there anything I can do?

·
Registered
874 Posts
its the sensor which is in the lower grille of the front bumper, they are famous for going. not sure how much they cost but can't be much more than a tenner and easy to fit yourself

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You think the sensor would need replacing, basically sometimes it says something ridiculous like 89 degrees or sometimes --.-

·
Registered
753 Posts
I bought a new one from Vauxhall last month (too impatient to wait for one off ebay) and it cost about £9.89 or something, rip off really but oh well lol. bout £4 on ebay :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks. Is the temp sensor meant to be just dangling inside the bonnet? That's what mine is doing :S

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
should clip on to the back of the lower grill in the bumper. at least, prefacelift it does. whatever though, it shouldn't just be dangling there.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
mine read -40 lmao but also my date and time is never set, always sits at 01.01.2000 and the time is 00.00 i been told i need to snip a wire on my HU Dunno if that will sort my temp out tho, i doubt it :/ Think ill buy one from fleabay aswell, ty for link :D lol

·
Registered
753 Posts
Thanks. Is the temp sensor meant to be just dangling inside the bonnet? That's what mine is doing :S
You will see it sticking out of the lower grill in the front bumper on the left. If your temp sensor is just dangling there then you will be able to see a hole in the grill where it will go. You need to more of less lie down on the floor to get your hand into the right place to push the sensor in.

mine read -40 lmao but also my date and time is never set, always sits at 01.01.2000 and the time is 00.00 i been told i need to snip a wire on my HU Dunno if that will sort my temp out tho, i doubt it :/ Think ill buy one from fleabay aswell, ty for link :D lol
Yea you just need a new sensor and setting the time is very easy lol.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts