Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi if i could get some advice Id appreciate it Ive an 04 Corsa c 1ltr had an intermittent fault code P0136 1 O2 Sensor Circuit High Voltage (Bank 1 Sensor 2) so changed the 02 sensor out fault code has gone but the sensor is reading 1.100mv too 1.500 mv and is rich all the time on Opcom have warmed the engine up this seems off to me can anyone advise as its in for an nct test on Weds

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Sensor 2 is the one down stream from the cat behind the engine. If there is any leak in the exhaust or if the cat is damaged you can get incorrect readings at this sensor and have the car running rich as you have.
I would be checking the exhaust from the head back for leaks. Get someone to hold some rag over the end of the exhaust while the engine is running then check for leaks starting at the front.
The o2 sensor should be switching from rich to lean on the front sensor (sensor 1 bank 1) not sure what the other one does but as the engine heats up the reading should change, not be the same voltages.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that

solved the problem talked to a mechanic and he checked the part the shop sold me told me that it was the wrong one supplied. He had a Corsa in his yard took the sensor out of that for me and I put it in. Readings now looking normal starts around 450 me and rich when car warms up drops and shows lean no lights car is running smoother so result thanks for the help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts