Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so last two days if i get up to high speeds (70) on the motorway my car goes into limp mode, once car is turned off then back on its fine. put it on opcom this mornin and gained the code -

P0108 - (7) boost pressure high presure

i cleared it and the eml went with it, took it for a spin and limp mode again. could anyone shed some light on what the problem could be ? thanks guys

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
clean the boost sensor? is on the inlet manifold hard to explain but it looks like a black squarish sensor.

clean with carb cleaner and take for another drive.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is that the MAP sensor by any chance ? will give it a good spray with card cleaner tomorrow and take it on a run. thanks for taking your time to help out bud

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cleaned the map sensor out today and still having the same problem, i need to locate the turbo waste gate and the crank shaft senor and try cleaning them. Ive ordered a blanking plate for the egr so ill swap that over while im doing the fuel filter

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
sorry yeah boost sensor = MAP sensor,

crank sensor is a likely victim if its only once upto temp and cruising speed, the way to test to take it out on the dual carridge way cold then watch the temp gauge and note if its only once its up to temp.

bad news is Im guessing its a diesel so you cant rule it out by disconnecting the crank sensoer as you dont have a cam sensor to take over the timing role.

If it is crank sensor get a new one from vaux as the cheap ones on e-bay tend to fail very quickly.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys al give it a try and see what happens, it runs fine just driving about but once getting up to speed quickly it then goes into llimp mode, where abouts is the crank sensor located? Cheers

·
Registered
817 Posts
Wastegate actuator lever is seized I suspect. I have the exact same issue with my Combo, but I've learnt to live with it. A solution I've seen suggested (but not tried) is to soak the actuator lever on the turbo with WD-40, then gently tap it with a hammer and chisel (or similar) and there is a chance it will free up. If it does work it will probably be best to put some copper grease on the actuator to try to prevent it seizing again.

It's certainly worth trying before you shell out on replacing what my otherwise be a turbo that is in good working order.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea will try a few different things first but I cant learn to live with it, its anoying me already haha

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Crank shaft sensor is always just above the sump line ( thats the good news) on my astra it was front drivers side. Im not sure on the corsa diesels but on the petrols its rear drivers side. If it is the crank shaft sensor you will soon find out as it will start happening more frequently and at lower and lower speeds to the point the car wont start.

·
Registered
817 Posts
With my van I learnt it only tends to do it on hard acceleration. The nature of my business means I can cover a couple of thousand miles a week sometimes so my fuel costs are high as it is. This particular niggle has actually taught me to drive gently so it doesn't happen, and it increases my proffits because I get better fuel consumption.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yea i can understand that buddy and if i could learn to live with it id imagine it would be better for me also, but id rather not have a fault with the car as when it comes to resale im only going to have to fix it anyways. cheers bud

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
New map sensor fixed the issue still gunna put the blanking plate in the egr. thanks for all the help

·
Registered
1 Posts
so last two days if i get up to high speeds (70) on the motorway my car goes into limp mode, once car is turned off then back on its fine. put it on opcom this mornin and gained the code -

i cleared it and the eml went with it, took it for a spin and limp mode again. could anyone shed some light on what the problem could be ? thanks guys

the same thing happened to my corsa, the fault for my corsa was that the turbo was seized so had to get the turbo replaced

·
Registered
418 Posts
the same thing happened to my corsa, the fault for my corsa was that the turbo was seized so had to get the turbo replaced
Please look at the date the post was made, the admin team dislike having old threads bumped to the top of the pile.

On the other hand welcome to CCUK

1 - 16 of 16 Posts