Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm trying to sort my girlfriends Tigra B and it's really pushing my buttons... P0141 bank 1 sensor 2 heater circuit
I've unplugged the sensor and put a multimeter to it, cleared the codes and p0141 heater comes back (as expected) so in my head, the car is not seeing the sensor at all

Rear sensor is fine, shows 7ish ohms across white wires, and grey and black show voltage when exhaust is hot so assume its OK...
Fuse 33 is fine, 0ohms across it, but changed anyway

I've noticed short term fuel trim sensor 2 is not being displayed at all, and voltage from obd fluctuates on and off, literally 1v, 0v, 1v, 0v
I have absolutely no clue what else to check.. Possibly a relay if it exists?

Any advice?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
New Posts << might best off joining that forum, more regular members on there, this place is dead these days
Hi Andy, thanks for your reply firstly.
I've 'fixed' it lol..turns out the seller is an absolute idiot and this sensor sold isn't for a 1.4, as described.. When I said it works, I just tested resistance and DC volts from the grey wire which worked fine.
I depinned the plug on the sensor and copied a proper sensor (white, white, grey, black) and its working fine. 0.45v :D
No pending faults either so I'm a happy bunny. Beers deserved!

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
there are no heaters in gasoline, if it is tigra diesel will be 1.3, check them in another way, unplug the connector, take a bulb of position of the headlight, the W5W, put two cables, chop it at the tip and another to the positive of the battery, if you look the heater works, if not, to change it heats it heats the engine before 90 by the expansions, and to get it out he takes out half a turn and squeezes half of that average

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
there are no heaters in gasoline, if it is tigra diesel will be 1.3, check them in another way, unplug the connector, take a bulb of position of the headlight, the W5W, put two cables, chop it at the tip and another to the positive of the battery, if you look the heater works, if not, to change it heats it heats the engine before 90 by the expansions, and to get it out he takes out half a turn and squeezes half of that average
So you're telling me a 4 wire o2 sensor is not heated?
What does p0141 mean then?
I'm not talking about glowplugs... I'm talking about a downstream oxygen/lambda sensor in the exhaust pipe after the catalytic converter.

The 2 white wires that have a resistance of 6, is not the heater? Why when I put a blowtorch on it does the grey wire have a DC voltage reading?
It's a heated o2 sensor.... And the issue has been fixed by depinning the plug and repinning in the correct place as the seller sent the wrong plug.

Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
of course by heater my head is gone ha, if I remember correctly the corsa B tigra A had problems in the wiring of the sensor, at the height of the 3 or 4 cylinder suffer cuts, unplug the wiring and xomtest if it has signal even moving it

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
of course by heater my head is gone ha, if I remember correctly the corsa B tigra A had problems in the wiring of the sensor, at the height of the 3 or 4 cylinder suffer cuts, unplug the wiring and xomtest if it has signal even moving it
Again. The issue is fixed.
I cut the sensors wires and re-made connections differently.
Font Audio equipment Technology Automotive lighting Cable

This is the sensor I purchased. Seller said it is correct.... But the wires are incorrect.
Office supplies Font Technology Writing implement Writing instrument accessory

This is correct wiring.
So I modified original (1st image) to be like this (2nd image)

Wrong sensor is wired :
Heat1
Ground
Heat2
Signal

Correct sensor is wired :
Heat1
Heat2
Signal
Ground

So I had to change my sensor to be correct. It works now. Everything works. No check engine light, no over fueling, and 0.45V from rear o2 sensor. It is fixed because I changed the wiring. No more advice is needed lol...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bicycle Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Crankset

The modification I made to test the sensor wiring so it would match the original wiring because the sensor supplied was incorrect..

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
curious, I know who I repair the wiring in a corsa B 1.0 and fails the days because they were released, the same would suit you to look for tin of high temperatures in case it happens, as they go near the engine collectors and such ... solved then??

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
curious, I know who I repair the wiring in a corsa B 1.0 and fails the days because they were released, the same would suit you to look for tin of high temperatures in case it happens, as they go near the engine collectors and such ... solved then??
Corsa B is not tigra b
Corsa c is tigra b

I cut the wires, and soldered with heatshrink.

Yes it is solved.
The car works
SOLVED
FIXED
FINISHED

1 - 10 of 10 Posts