Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I’ve tried cleaning the throttle body inside and out and tightened the jubilee clip and it seems to have possibly improved slightly.

I also tested the brake servo and wonder if that might be the cause of the air leak. When I turn the engine on when warm it revs up slightly and idles at about 1000-1100rpm and if I press the brake pedal a few times it then goes up over 1500rpm. Do you think it could be the brake servo vacuum pipe that needs replacing?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #43 (Edited)
I’ll give that a try but not sure where it is could you please advise and what should I use to block it up at the manifold?

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
If you follow the plastic vac pipe it goes to the inlet manifold on the gearbox end of the engine.

Block it up with a bit of rubber pipe with a bolt blocking up the other end.

Remember if you are going to test drive it that you wont have any assistance with braking.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
If you cant get the pipe off remove it at the servo end and plug it with a bolt or something. Might be easier doing at the servo end but if the pipes leaking it wont prove anything as it will still run like crap.

If you have a hose pipe. Start the engine and spray water all over the pipe with it running and listen for it sucking in water. They are usually easy to hear if you have a leaking pipe.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Is it this pipe in red and where would I unclip it at the manifold as you first suggested as that sounds the easiest?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I felt round to where it was clipped on and it moved slightly but I couldn’t get it off how does it detach? There was a yellow plastic ring around it or that’s what it looked like but that might be part of the pipe.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I managed to remove the vacuum pipe yesterday and ran the engine but the issue still occurred so doesn’t look like it’s the brake servo.

Interestingly though literally the second the engine temp needle started to rise the revs increased along with it so I’m wondering if it might be an engine temp sensor issue or similar what do you think?

Also I have a separate issue with the heating I’ve had the matrix flushed and a new water pump also tried running with the cap off incase there was an airlock in the cooling system having had some steal seal in previously to stop a coolant leak but the air still doesn’t blow through very warm at all however if I rev the engine then it comes through hot. I think the only option left is to replace the heater matrix which hopefully shouldn’t be too costly unless anyone has any other ideas.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Ok so I’ve had a new thermostat and the heating seems to have improved although possibly not as hot as it has been previously and I’ve still got the revving issue.

The garage said they couldn’t find an air leak but interestingly when it is revving if I turn the heating on the revs drop back down. Any ideas?

41 - 51 of 51 Posts