Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
12,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what are the best mods to do to a 1.8 sri engine?

apart from getting a turbo :p

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
have to be, manifolds, cams, remap, straight decat exhaust, everything but turbo? or even a supercharger or go one better and get a super turbo

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
probably go down the route that J19MSD is going, i think thats his username lol :\

·
Grumpy Old Git
34,689 Posts
talk to regal or courteney, i know 200 bhp is acheivable and with nitrous could be upto 300bhp

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Supercharge man

·
Registered
123 Posts
inletmanifold, complete exhaust system (manifold,decat,etc)
inductionkit and a remap is a very good start:doublethumbs:

·
Registered
317 Posts
get a nitrous kit

·
Registered
8,363 Posts
One word for performance from the Z18XE:

CAMS

Yes getting the air to flow nicely into the engine with the help of a DBilas manifold is good, and getting those nasty exhaust gases to exit the engine with the help of a nice exhaust manifold and good exhaust system is also beneficial, but fitting cams is cheaper and alot better than all these.

·
Registered
12,207 Posts
One word for performance from the Z18XE:

CAMS

Yes getting the air to flow nicely into the engine with the help of a DBilas manifold is good, and getting those nasty exhaust gases to exit the engine with the help of a nice exhaust manifold and good exhaust system is also beneficial, but fitting cams is cheaper and alot better than all these.
u reckon cams can be done taself if ya have the time?

·
Registered
8,363 Posts
ahh, so gettin better/new cams makes the valves work faster? (I have little knowledge on engines lol)

What sort of bhp gain would I be likely to see just from this mod?
No it doesnt make them work faster, it increases the time the valve is open for allowing more fuel and air into the cylinder.

Your looking at a 15+bhp increase on a 1.8 (I advise you to get a remap after they are fitted to get the full benefits from them).

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
No it doesnt make them work faster, it increases the time the valve is open for allowing more fuel and air into the cylinder.

Your looking at a 15+bhp increase on a 1.8 (I advise you to get a remap after they are fitted to get the full benefits from them).
Does it make your car run really lumpy on idle?!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts