Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the petrolcap has a small sort of hook on it to hang your screw cap onto when filling so you dont misplace it,
but whats got me baffled is what the **** is that little sort of grey stick which sits up near the hinge,,wot is it for????
i thought mabe summat to do with resetting locking mech for fuel cap..ie the black pin which sticks out when locked

i wud love to know its got be baffled,,,i will kick myself if its summat obvious

·
Registered
417 Posts
Look in your manual i did was wondering to.its for putting on and taking off your dust caps.Why i dont know? :lol:

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
So if you're heavy on your brakes, you can take the cap off without getting brakedust on your fingers! :D

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
one end as said undo's the dust caps and the other end is for the 5 door version to turn the child locks on :thumbs:

·
Registered
161 Posts
But how many people on here have the locking valve caps because little sh*ts keep nicking the normal ones?? Kinda makes the tool redundant for me!!

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
i had the richbrook locking ones.i took the little allen key bolts out so i could pump the tyres up at the garage.went in to get a can of pop and some t**t had nicked 2 of them :lol:

S

·
0 Posts
Chewy said:
i had the richbrook locking ones.i took the little allen key bolts out so i could pump the tyres up at the garage.went in to get a can of pop and some t**t had nicked 2 of them :lol:
LMAO :lol: Cheeky buggers!

·
Registered
972 Posts
lol yeh kids on push bikes tried nicking mine, good job my neighbour was out :lol: but 1 have 1 missing :(, also one of them is welded ontot he valve i cant get it off, a guy at garage says when water gets in, it jams it thats y i SHUD WD40 it everyso often :(

·
Registered
161 Posts
corsa-sxi said:
also one of them is welded onto the valve i cant get it off
I heard they can get jammed so I was told to use some vaseline on them, its water proof and is ment to do the job!! (No jokes about vaseline please!! :lol: )

·
Registered
771 Posts
2 jammed on me car. :(

tried 2 get em off, but the valves started to turn in their seating, so i had 2 cash out for new valves

came 2 60 quid for two new valves n fitting n balancing :cry:

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
You should have looked at national tyres. They have a discount page where you can print vouchers. Last month 5 wheels balanced for a fiver! :D

There were also many others, but can't remeber them now.

·
Registered
322 Posts
can't remember how many times I've had my alloy arial nicked, but not the valve caps as I can't get the FCUKERS off myself!!! Proper tight, don't know how to get them off, gonna knacker the valve in if I twist it anymore!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts