Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's totally wrong that a 1.3Cdti should only pay £35 whereas a 1.0i pays £115.
The petrol poses less CERTAIN damage to human health. Climate change isn't 100% certainly going to do anything.
CO2 emmissions aren't everything.
Maybe I should take my cat. out (replace just for MOT) to redress the balance - both in producing emmissions diesel drivers stink the streets and get away with, and fuel savings to offset the 115-35 = £80 I'm being screwed out of this year.

The co2 tax is already on the fuel. Road tax is for road maintainance. The Cdti weighs more than 10% extra so causes at least 10% more road damage.

Vauxhall are foolish too. The Euro-4 restrictions came in long after the 1.0-Twinport C was on sale (Oct 2006), infact the D was already launched. They know that a Cat increases co2 emmissions. Yet for the sake of the environment their fatal decision costs their customers. IDIOTS!!! - I will go VW/Skoda next time. Never VX again, they made a stupid mistake that's costing me money.

A 6% reduction in fuel use would have made this card band B. The unnecessarily large cat. converter IS to blame. Financial penalty for the sake co2 scaremongering. What about the REAL current problems like PM, NoX, smoke, noise. Particulate filters do nothing. Why do I still see/smell/splutter the CR#P that come out of 07-Reg diesels? If every car in London was diesel, every Londonder would have compost-rotten lungs within days.

So petrol drivers pay more tax for having a clean exhaust whilst diesel drivers get a reduction for a dirty one. Ever walked on a pavement past an idling diesel - splutter inducing.
The truth is they want us all to buy diesel - costs more so they get more VAT.
Yes they may be stronger due to thicker metal components but how much does metal cost - nowhere near the £2000 premium.
Once fuel usage in the UK is universally diesel, we can expect to see prices of 189.89p/litre.
Another reason is dictatorship. By organising diesel shortages/price hikes they will have a dictatorship over everyone's movement. Car is currently the only form of transport where they cannot constantly spy at you with CCTV.

And Gordon Brown, has all this power and about to be PM of 61-million people simply because 24,000 people in the constituency of Kirkcaldy and Cowdenbeath wanted an MP to Uni. fee/tax the English to fund the free Uni. fees of their children.

I am sick of this green/environent co2 tax nonsense. I have been ripped off, and as a result I have stopped all forms of recycling. I have also found untaxable methods of increasing my emmissions purely out of spite. Taxing ME has only made me pollute more. Time to bring down the tax then, or thirsty for more?

·
Registered
16,948 Posts
lol, not sure it was meant to be funny.

·
Premium Member
35,587 Posts
tax should be done on miles the more you do the more you pay

stick tax on petrol

·
Registered
32,874 Posts
Bit harsh taxing on mileage, considering the government are forcing so many public sector employees to commute further distances.

Although it probably is the fairest way. Yes again the country show's it's competence.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
there is this guy accross the road he lives by himself and has a massive 4x4 he doesnt need one, an he asks ppl if it is fair he is payin £400 a year road tax

·
Registered
19,857 Posts
there is this guy accross the road he lives by himself and has a massive 4x4 he doesnt need one, an he asks ppl if it is fair he is payin £400 a year road tax

:lol: :slap: We are probably paying for it through his pension :x

·
Registered
7,877 Posts
I get what you mean however i think you're being a bit harsh on diesels calling it splutter inducing is ott yes when you're booting it the diesels smoke a bit but idling its clean no black smoke there.

£2000 pound premium is also ott it didnt cost that much extra for my diesel over the petrol equivilant

no one forced you to buy a petrol car or a car at all for that matter and so you must pay for the privalige diesel imo is the fuel of the future or possibly biodiesel which is relatively cheap still

why on earth would you raise emissions purely out of spite, thats just an immature attitude which will get this society no where and future generations will suffer
CO2 emissions arnt everything but its a large part of it.

I dont see how it could plain and simple be done on mileage as different cars have different emissions etc tax should just be on fuel then you pay for what you use which means that if someone ha a big super car then they only pay for when they use it not for the whole year which seems much fairer

·
Registered
911 Posts
Part of the reason why I bought my CDTI was the tax, to me I think road tax in general in unfair, I get taxed on the fuel I use, taxed on the roads I drive on, taxed on the car im driving but im also getting taxed on the money im using to pay the tax so essentially were getting taxed on tax. HOW WRONG IS THAT?!

·
Registered
828 Posts
It's totally wrong that a 1.3Cdti should only pay £35 whereas a 1.0i pays £115.
The petrol poses less CERTAIN damage to human health. Climate change isn't 100% certainly going to do anything.
CO2 emmissions aren't everything.
Maybe I should take my cat. out (replace just for MOT) to redress the balance - both in producing emmissions diesel drivers stink the streets and get away with, and fuel savings to offset the 115-35 = £80 I'm being screwed out of this year.

The co2 tax is already on the fuel. Road tax is for road maintainance. The Cdti weighs more than 10% extra so causes at least 10% more road damage.

Vauxhall are foolish too. The Euro-4 restrictions came in long after the 1.0-Twinport C was on sale (Oct 2006), infact the D was already launched. They know that a Cat increases co2 emmissions. Yet for the sake of the environment their fatal decision costs their customers. IDIOTS!!! - I will go VW/Skoda next time. Never VX again, they made a stupid mistake that's costing me money.

A 6% reduction in fuel use would have made this card band B. The unnecessarily large cat. converter IS to blame. Financial penalty for the sake co2 scaremongering. What about the REAL current problems like PM, NoX, smoke, noise. Particulate filters do nothing. Why do I still see/smell/splutter the CR#P that come out of 07-Reg diesels? If every car in London was diesel, every Londonder would have compost-rotten lungs within days.

So petrol drivers pay more tax for having a clean exhaust whilst diesel drivers get a reduction for a dirty one. Ever walked on a pavement past an idling diesel - splutter inducing.
The truth is they want us all to buy diesel - costs more so they get more VAT.
Yes they may be stronger due to thicker metal components but how much does metal cost - nowhere near the £2000 premium.
Once fuel usage in the UK is universally diesel, we can expect to see prices of 189.89p/litre.
Another reason is dictatorship. By organising diesel shortages/price hikes they will have a dictatorship over everyone's movement. Car is currently the only form of transport where they cannot constantly spy at you with CCTV.

And Gordon Brown, has all this power and about to be PM of 61-million people simply because 24,000 people in the constituency of Kirkcaldy and Cowdenbeath wanted an MP to Uni. fee/tax the English to fund the free Uni. fees of their children.

I am sick of this green/environent co2 tax nonsense. I have been ripped off, and as a result I have stopped all forms of recycling. I have also found untaxable methods of increasing my emmissions purely out of spite. Taxing ME has only made me pollute more. Time to bring down the tax then, or thirsty for more?
go buy an electric car

·
Registered
6,053 Posts
CDTI corsa are better for environment, the stuff out the exhaust is particular which does not go into the atmosphere. It can break down in the earth. Co2 stays in the atmosphere for at least 100 years.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
The increase of £15 road tax for petrol vehicles is unlawful.
The 2007 budget itself says they will raise the road tax of band C-E vehicles "by £5 in each of the next 3 years".

This can be found at the treasury's own website:
http://www.hm-treasury.gov.uk/media/F/D/bud07_chapter7_273.pdf

Look at page 21 of the pdf.

It clearly states £5 so where has the additional £10 come from?
This years charge should legally be no more than £105, that is what is documented.

Have they made petrol owners pay for the reduction of road tax for diesel vehicles in their band?

Yet more proof of a stealing, lying government. This will be another £200million stolen through the back-door that nobody else seems to have picked up on.

In the USA and Canada, the government allows their people to travel for a fair cost. If they want to cut congestion and emissions in the UK, it will only happen because more and more people will be moving abroad.

·
Registered
19,365 Posts
CDTI corsa are better for environment, the stuff out the exhaust is particular which does not go into the atmosphere. It can break down in the earth. Co2 stays in the atmosphere for at least 100 years.
calm down mr deisel:lol:

:kiss: love ya really

i wish everyone would stop moaning,

if you dont like tax, then walk/ride a bike

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
calm down mr deisel:lol:

:kiss: love ya really

i wish everyone would stop moaning,

if you dont like tax, then walk/ride a bike
But that would mean breathing in diesel stench. Including that from London buses burning 16p/litre Venezuelan diesel.

We should all get together to protest. How about a drive slow on M1, M5, M25 to cause congestion and cost the economy £millions a day until unleaded prices are 87.9.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts