Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to get some up in the cars section. :D

Took the rub strips off- awaiting for new ones to be sprayed.

Before you say.......... Crying out for alloys I know!! :shock:

·
Registered
8,363 Posts
How easy was it to take the rub strips off????

I was going to do it last night but i chickened out haha :lol:

Dont want to f*ck up my pride and joy...hehe.

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
you wont break it, it just take a little elbow grease and application. did you chicken out, or just couldn't b R'sed?

Now be honest :lol:

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They're Irmscher badges ka$h.

They are hard to get them going. I put a screwdriver in a towel to leaver the edge off. Once it starts it's easy.

One side it came off great and no sticky mess was left. The other side I was unlucky- the sticky **** was left everywhere. It took about an hour and a half to pick it all off and then get the remaining mess off with a bit of rubbing compound.

Also behind them the paint is a diff colour as they have bee on for 1 and a half years. Don't know if this will blend in eventually- but I'm not bothered really as I'm putting new ones on ASAP :D

·
Registered
8,363 Posts
Chickened out of it hahaha, got the heat gun out, got the t cut and was all set to go..............

I will get round to it tonight i reckon.

God this modifying bug has caught me, wheels, induction kit, cd player and now the rub strips are being taken off all in the space of 4 days haha.......long may it continue!!!!!!!

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
Don't use a screwy, one slip on that's it. Get a plastic credit card or similar. It really gets behind well, without scratching the paint.

·
Registered
2 Posts
looks sweet, i really like the red seats want to sort some new red seats out for my car... leather would be nice.

new alloys would be good though!!!! :D

·
Registered
8,363 Posts
My corsa is silver so it might not be as noticeable as ur black paint once you get them off.

Any silver corsa owners with a 2 year old car taken them off??????

I am deffo chickening out of taking them off now hahah....

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:)

I'm a little stuck now. It's payday friday and I don't know what to get.

Either the Irmscher rear skirt or the flycatcher one like goldpenguin has. Can't tell what would be best :?

I got this old pic- can anyone be so kind and do a photoshop for me?

Thanks,
Andy

1 - 17 of 17 Posts