Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right so ive narrowed my exhaust choice down to piper and GT3 mainly due to design and price.

Anyone know how good either of these sound with just a backbox?

Or is it worth getting a cat back system? Also is it a straight fit on a cat back? Or is there slight cutting to do?

Cheers for any input :doublethumbs:

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
piper beats all other exhaust systems for the c tbh,

·
Premium Member
29,540 Posts
Piper or custom made tbh

piper is a straight fit yes and wont notice much of a difference with just a backbox with a cat-back system with straight through centre section you will :love: the sound of it.!!

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Piper or custom made tbh

piper is a straight fit yes and wont notice much of a difference with just a backbox with a cat-back system with straight through centre section you will :love: the sound of it.!!
What you mean? Lol so if i was to get one get a catback with straight through centre section? And the catback fits straight on?

Cheers guys :doublethumbs:

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also on a catback, could I just get a GT3 centre section on a piper backbox? Since there only like £30 or something lol

·
Registered
879 Posts
Piper are better, but GT3 are cheaper. GT3 sound seriously rude, really throaty. I have the catback and it's a piece of piss straight fit. BUt if everything was equal I'd have gone Piper. The only reason I chose GT3 was my car needed a new exhaust system as old one was corroded to **** and money was tight. But either one's a win IMO. :yes:

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes piper are good lol, but thats not what I want to know now :p Piper box with gt3 catback, need any cutting or straight fit to the cat?

·
Registered
879 Posts
I'd say not, but only because I've heard of people having a hard time fitting Piper onto other things (I THINK). But if you find out what bore size they are then you'll have your answer.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Piper are better, but GT3 are cheaper. GT3 sound seriously rude, really throaty. I have the catback and it's a piece of piss straight fit. BUt if everything was equal I'd have gone Piper. The only reason I chose GT3 was my car needed a new exhaust system as old one was corroded to **** and money was tight. But one's a win IMO. :yes:
Hmm, sounds good imo, straight fit from the catback? Got a few things to pay for this month as well, so edging towards gt3, purely because i can get a catback and box for 130.

Cheers matey :)

·
Registered
879 Posts
Still a piece of piss to fit. Just whip out the angle grinder on the old pipe and youre away. Hangers are all in the right place and you don't need different rubbers. Plus they supply clamps.

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Still a piece of piss to fit. Just whip out the angle grinder on the old pipe and youre away. Hangers are all in the right place and you don't need different rubbers. Plus they supply clamps.
Spot on, exactly the answer I was after, cheers mate! :cheers:

·
All Time Best Corsa 2013
9,414 Posts
Piper systems are awesome, euro-fighter fitted his at my house yesterday and the fit and quality is perfect tbh

GT3's are mild steel as well iirc?

·
Registered
879 Posts
GT3 are stainless but they're painted black. But tbh u don't see it under the car anyway. The back box is aluminised stainless steel and that looks mint. I've got the twin outlet box.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Piper systems are awesome, euro-fighter fitted his at my house yesterday and the fit and quality is perfect tbh

GT3's are mild steel as well iirc?

and :love: the sound its epic!

mind you the 4-1 mani and decat have somting to do with that :lol:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts