Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Right i have a FULL Piper Exhaust system with a De-Cat and i was just wondering what the crack is with the 02 Sensors?

I have had the exhaust for maybe 2 months now and ever since i fitted it i have just had the 02 Sensors disconnected (Until i could get round to extended the wires) Well I fiited my new Cams on the weekend and whilst i was doing them i decided to extend the wire's for the Sensor's.
I plugged them in tonight and OMFG my car runs like a bag of ****e now where as before without them and after i fitted my Cams it ran "OK" (Not mint but ok) But now it just splutters and dies all the time has no power what so ever Etc Etc........

Now i may have got them the wrong way round (As i forgot to mark which went where :slap:) But then i got thinking as was wondering if i could just blank the holes up?As with me having no Cat then technically they wont be doing much anyhow...Right?

If i cant do that is there any other option's?

Im going to swop them over Tomorrow to see if that makes a diffrence but if i can just fcuk them off all together then i will or whatever.

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks
Craig

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
i have decat and ive put mine in and its fine! you sure you got the wiring right?

+ you dont need to cut and extend the pre cat sensor, i just uncliped the wire from the bracket by the dipstick and re routed it to the precat, the post cat one has to be extended.

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe not then Eh?As i said i think i may have them the wrong way.Ill change them over Tomorrow and see if it's any better.

Ah i didnt know/Think of that,It doesnt matter though ive just extended both so they fit which is the main thing.TBH ive actually made them to long now but ive just wrap them in a loop so it's ok.

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I presume it isnt but is your EML light on?Mine is due to these Sensor's.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
I presume it isnt but is your EML light on?Mine is due to these Sensor's.
yes even with the sensors in the light will be on (not the car with the spanner tho) even with a sportcat in they will be on, its just the ecu is not used to the volume/speed the exhuast gases are escaping at.

you just have to live with it. tech 2 dosnt even clear it.

·
All Time Best Corsa 2013
9,414 Posts
My emissions light isn't on and I have a sport cat

Surely with the sensors plugged in it should run better? How did you extend them?

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Euro Fighter;
Im not bothered if the light is on or not,Im used to it by now anyhow so.....
I have a Fault Code reader and i can erase the faults but as soon as i start driving again they just pop back up and the light says "Hello im back"

Matt;
Well im not sure TBH but as i said i may have them the round way round in which case it would make it run **** and the light would still be on.
I didnt extend the wires,I got my Brother to do it who is a fully qualified Auto Electrcian.He solder them together then put heat shrink over the solider then taped the full length of the wire up and then put it in some Black Plastic stuff,And sealed the ends up with some more tape.It was a quality job i must say.

·
Premium Member
29,540 Posts
get a de-cat map that should sort out the eml light ;)
or put a few washers on the o2 sensor so it pokes out abit and that supose to confuse the ECU due to gettin a little o2 and less exhaust gases and knock the light off :dontknow: if it works just hear about it a few time :)

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well i swopped the Sensors over Today and it's ok now,Idle's good (Considering i have aftermarket cams) And drive's ok so WIN:)

I just need to shorten one of the wires as it's been extended far to much and it is close to a few moving parts Etc.Im going to erase the fault memory Tomorrow so we'll see if the light come's back on?

·
Premium Member
29,540 Posts
light will come back on after a few 100 miles done it to me lol didnt come on at first then about 100 miles it come on went off after about 100 miles lasted a while around 300 miles stuck on now and have been for around 200 miles....

Map or try the washer on o2 sensor if you hate it beein on buddy :)

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Im not that bothered TBH but for like 2mins with a Fault Code Reader i may aswell try it.
If it doesnt work then so be it.It's been on since i fitted the Exhaust around 2 Months or so ago so it's nothing new Lol!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts