Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my Piper Fast Road cams fitted lastnight. They have made a very noticable difference to the way the car drives!!!

More power and torque is available slighter higher up the rev ranage now (used to be from 3000 RPM now comes in slightly higher at 3600 RPM). This extra power is really apparent in all in gears especially in 5th because the car now wants to accelerate alot easier into the triple figure MPH's.

I am heading down to get the car remapped at MSD in Blackpool next week to tie all my mods together (cams, exhaust manifold, full exhaust system, RaidHP Maxflow + Veccy C intake). I want the car remapped for low end torque more so than high end power (suits the type of driving I do better). I feel the car is also needs the fueling sorted out at higher revs.

Not sure what BHP exactly I will get but its aparent that my mods so far have done something to my BHP as I am easily faster than standard 1.8SRI's.

Cams are a really worth mod, with deffinate power and torque increase from the word go. People should not be scared by them at all because it is one of the only mods that a VX techy or insurance company could never see (unless the head is taken off and the actual camshafts inspected). Cams are one the easiest and best BHP increases (£200-£250 for reprofiled cams). Its not like fitting a filter and thinking after it has been fitted "is this actually doing anything to my car" its aparent from after the first few miles that the cams have made a big difference to the engine!

Get your cams reprofiled at Piper or Kent, your wont regret it!

·
Registered
8,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i live near Blackpool, whats MSD?
Motorsport Developements in Blackpool. They prepare rally and track cars usually but also offer livemaps/remaps/generic maps to joe public too. Alot of the guys on the Astra forum have had nothing but good things to say about them, so if a few guys in there £16k VXR's think they are brilliant, thats good enough for me!

Does it run really lumpy on idle?
The engine idles lower now. Used to idle at 900RPM now it sits at about 600RPM. Its not anywhere near as bad as I though it would be.

It doesnt sound lumpy on idle, just gives more of a subaru flat four style burble instead. There is no flat spots at all through the rev range and the torque curve seems to be flattened out with smooth delivery all the way to the redline.

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
Sounds good are they reprofiled cams tho? what would be the benefit or not having reprofiled ones, let us know how you get on with the mapping too

·
Registered
8,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sounds good are they reprofiled cams tho? what would be the benefit or not having reprofiled ones, let us know how you get on with the mapping too
The only benefit of getting a blank set of cams profiled to the Fast Road spec would be not being without your car for a few days as you would have to send away the camshafts from your engine.

Standard cams can get reprofiled to the Fast Road spec, if you were going for a more extreme spec such as Rally or Race then you are required to buy a blank set of cams due to the size of the cam on these specs being larger than the standard cam.

I thankfully bought a set of z18xe cams off ebay for next to nothing so I could send them away instead of being without my car for a few days.

Getting cams reprofiled at Piper cost me 232, whereas getting a blank set of cams profiled to the same spec would cost 446.

·
Registered
812 Posts
sounds good mate, what you hoping for in way of power now roughly when the mapping is done ..... im going for a guess , and a very rough one of 137bhp.

random i now

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
sounds good mate, what you hoping for in way of power now roughly when the mapping is done ..... im going for a guess , and a very rough one of 137bhp.

random i now

should hit around 150 bhp!

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts