Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey ppl, i am lookin 2 get a ice install in late april. i am gonna purchase a kicker L7 12" solobaric sub, rated power 750w RMS. is dat a lot of power ? cos i heard it will sound the bomb. also i am havin trouble about wat amp can power this sub? i am confused with all this 2 ohm 4 ohm stuff , the sub is basically 1500w peak power, 2ohm 750w rms, so wat sort of amp am i looking for? and any idea on price?
plz let me know if u can thanx

acidman sxi

·
Registered
3 Posts
vibe bb4 (discontinued i think) u can still get em from halfords, about 400squid

in general your looking for a digital mono amp, with an rms rating as near to you sub as possible, manufaturers like alpine v12 series, audiobahn, top end kicker and phoniex gold etc. Try not to under power your sub because it can get damaged.

Cheap amps with apparent high out puts (like magant, lightning audio etc ) are shite and and bad for your system (big power losses, cheap components) - you get what you pay for!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey

yeh i rang alpha car audio 2day, and i asked them wat amp cud run the 12" solobaric cos its 750w rms, they guy is basically said if i want a heavy bassline which i do , he said get a phoenix gold amp with 500watts rms , do u tink that wud b alrite? cos they seem 2 tink it will b alrite but they mite jus b sayin dat, but then again they r known quite well so i am givin it till thursday otherwise i am jus gonna get dat deal. wat do u tink?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts