Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have had my sub set up for a good 9 months now and its jsut recently started to pop every now and agen mostly when i turn the engine on and just today did it totally die half way through a tune whilst driving, checked the blue wire at the back of HU and everything else is connected securley still! what could this be?..

·
Registered
6,432 Posts
How long you had the sub/amp for? 'Cus the popping sound is usually switching noise picked up by the signal cables, if you've had the system a while could mean somethings wearing out in the amp.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ahh kk, its not the best of setup, it is a fli active sub with built in amp!! was a budget thing really and i only have it about 3/4 volume not overly loud! i dont think it should have gone yet!!! i wunder if the connection between the blue cable into the back of the headunit isnt strong enuf?..

·
Registered
472 Posts
My sub popped when i turned the car on and off, its only the sub getting activated mate due to the way its been wired up! :doublethumbs: mine didnt pop through songs though :dontknow: what i mean by the way its been wired up is, when i got mine fitted they asked me if i wanted it to turn its self on or if i wanted to push a button to turn it on but im pretty sure most subs maby down to power/wattage will pop when there activated :D

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have earthed it to the back of the seat haha! poor earth i dont know whereelse i could earth it to tho?.. where else can i earth it to?/... put it on a screw thing that was covered by a rubber top thingy!

·
Registered
21,815 Posts
Doubt its the earthing tbh, not if its only just started after 9 months working fine.
It depends on how well the original install was done. If the sub hasnt been fixed down and is able to slide side to side then after a while it will start to break. I'm no expert, just ive seen posts in the past where popping can be caused by a bad earth.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
aye the sub itself hasnt been fixed down either but it doesnt really slide about! also i will reconnect the earth to something alot stronger and see from there if not i will put something around the sub to hold it in place! thanks for the help! x

1 - 10 of 10 Posts