Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a fault code on for a few months now and had a diagnostic run on 3 different softwares and the same code comes up which is P1112 saying it is port deactivation position sensor
It says voltage too high and intermittent
The light comes on here and there. Sometime it wont come on for a few days, but if i drive it for a good hour it will definately appear atleast once.
A 5 miles journey and i wont see it from a cold start.
I have done so much to fix the problem, but i really hope it isnt an ecu failiure.
I have changed a numeours things such as the maf and cleaned out the pipes eith carb cleaner
Serviced the car, new oil pressure switch, new thermostat.

I have a vauxhal corsa c 1.2 sxi 54 plate twinport.
What could be the problem. I have seen so many different answers.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Had a smoke test done on mine today, had smoke coming out of the charcoal canister. Would this cause my p1112 code

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
No, the code is logged if the ecu sees a voltage lower than 0.3v from the sensor. I've got a twinport manifold at my mums I could have took pictures of but being in lockdown I'm restricted to when I can get there. Hopefully I'll get some pictures at the weekend assuming the sensors still on it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Am I right in thinking you can test map sensor with multimeter and hairdryer?

It reading 32° from start up, leave the car ticking over to get warm and still say the same.

Unplug sensor and -40.

Checked 2 pin plug and getting 4.5v

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
That’s what I’m saying. You’re in the completely wrong direction. Neither maf thermostat map iat have anything to do with P1112 faultcode. 33 degrees is absolutely normal for an IAT but no connection whatsoever with P1112.
Your target is on the other side of the engine and a bit behind.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts