Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking for some advice really, have searched but want to make sure before I get done over by a garage.

Mayo under oil cap
Coolant reservoir is bone dry every few days
Heaters rarely get hot, usually warm at best
Temp gauge is random(goes to 85/90 then back down, then back up)
Passenger footwell is dry(rules out the heater matrix?)
Dipstick is normal (no mayo)

Any advice appreciated before I go to a garage.

Cheers

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Head gasket bud

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
bad times :(

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Mayo under oil cap Headgasket
Coolant reservoir is bone dry every few days Water pump
Heaters rarely get hot, usually warm at best Thermostat?
Temp gauge is random(goes to 85/90 then back down, then back up) Thermostat?
Passenger footwell is dry(rules out the heater matrix?)
Dipstick is normal (no mayo)

Any advice appreciated before I go to a garage.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh well, was expecting the worse :(

Any idea on prices to get it replaced?

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Quite abit bud... Usually £300- £550 for headgasket change and skim

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks mate. Just found out that a friend of a friend used to work for vx as a mechanic so going to see him on saturday to see what he can do.

Done the pedal test and got the code 0115, any ideas what this means?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks mate. Just found out that a friend of a friend used to work for vx as a mechanic so going to see him on saturday to see what he can do.

Done the pedal test and got the code 0115, any ideas what this means?

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
will autodata it now mate

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
P0115 Engine Coolant Temperature Circuit High Input C-11
P0115 Engine Coolant Temperature Circuit Low Input C-11
P0115 Engine coolant temperature circuit malfunction C-11

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Coolant has suddenly appeared in the reservoir again so I'm swaying(hoping) to the problem being an airlock :err:

Spoke to the mechanic on the phone last night and he says that mayo under the oil cap is quite normal for corsas at this time of year, especially with the weather we've been having, and since there is no white smoke and the car is running fine then he doubts it will be the headgasket. Seeing him on Saturday for a look over the car so he should be able to sort it.

Anything I can do about the fault code I've been getting or will I just leave it to the mechanic?

Cheers

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
Coolant has suddenly appeared in the reservoir again so I'm swaying(hoping) to the problem being an airlock :err:

Spoke to the mechanic on the phone last night and he says that mayo under the oil cap is quite normal for corsas at this time of year, especially with the weather we've been having, and since there is no white smoke and the car is running fine then he doubts it will be the headgasket. Seeing him on Saturday for a look over the car so he should be able to sort it.

Anything I can do about the fault code I've been getting or will I just leave it to the mechanic?

Cheers
Not much you can do about the coolant temp circuit i dont think, would leave it to the mechanic mate :)

·
Registered
23,420 Posts
mayo under oil cap headgasket
coolant reservoir is bone dry every few days water pump
heaters rarely get hot, usually warm at best thermostat?
temp gauge is random(goes to 85/90 then back down, then back up) thermostat?
passenger footwell is dry(rules out the heater matrix?)
dipstick is normal (no mayo)

any advice appreciated before i go to a garage.
+1

·
Registered
23,420 Posts
take the cap off the coolent bottle, let the car run for a few mins, then put hte cap back on, sorted.

·
Registered
112 Posts
TBH m8 mine is caked in white gunk and i had my car put on the emmissions machine n passed at idle and 3000rpm, no mayo on the dipstick either? you prob just need to give the car a good run. its the cold starts that gives it the mayo, mine is so bad because i drive my gf home every morning back to mine and by time i get back to mine the engine wouldnt have even been warm. i use magnatec oil aswel with is a 10-40 instead of the reccomended oil. You probrably just have a bad case of condensation

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well it turns out that the problem is the engine coolant cap, the washer and spring inside the cap is broken which is causing it to lose coolant.

Need to get a new Enginge temp sensor aswell due to the fault code I've been getting.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts