Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fookin well sick.....didnt see the hole while the last minute....had my rims less than a week........anyway it bent the outer lip....gonna take a piccy of the depth of the hole and send a letter to the local council.....anyone any idea on what depth is 'acceptable' before you can claim?
A pissed off John

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
well i should think any damage caused by a pothole that should have been sorted by the council should be repaired an paid for by the council

i remeber 1 of my neighbours buggered his ankle when he tripped on a loose paving slab, had a go at the council,

5 grand compensation thankyou very much

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah im gonna make a claim..gettin a piccy sorted out with a ruler showing the depth etc...just totally pissed off at the mo
John

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
Give them some hell mate. You pay concil tax for a reason, and that's not to be driving through potholes!

As we all pay road tax and council tac, we should be able to drive on hole free roads.

*Steps of soapbox*

Claim it mate, you're entitled to :thumbs:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ka$h said:
Give them some hell mate. You pay concil tax for a reason, and that's not to be driving through potholes!

As we all pay road tax and council tac, we should be able to drive on hole free roads.

*Steps of soapbox*

Claim it mate, you're entitled to :thumbs:
Yeah too right....the outer rim is stuck out..does that mean its buckled? if so i ll get a price for a new rim off evo..plus my petrol money to go back to Manchester plus the cost of having to take the tyre off and rebalancing

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
Yeah, careful mate, and get all costs into your letter including any time related costs.

You would get it if you were at work, and how are they to know you don't work weekends and things.

Screw them for a replacement and a little something for the hassle and distress :D

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ka$h said:
Yeah, careful mate, and get all costs into your letter including any time related costs.

You would get it if you were at work, and how are they to know you don't work weekends and things.

Screw them for a replacement and a little something for the hassle and distress :D
Just been on a wheel refurbishment site and buckled wheels cant be fixed if more out than the centre..which it is.....so ...i ll get a price for a new wheel off evo....now how do i sleep tonight? i wanna wring some fookers neck........got a 30 mile trp just to take a piccy.........now heres the twilight zone bit.......when i set off i made sure my lockin nut key and socket set was def in the car along with my kwikfit roadside assinstance (which i just joined)..and thought mmmm i ll take a tenner just in case i need some money.....never bothered b4 ..even sometimes forgot the spare wheel :oops: ......yeah yeah...long story
John

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
****,,the back one is damaged too..not as much...and now ive noticed a small thud when i turn left..not all the time just when theres a slight bump..any ideas?
John

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
corsa-sxi said:
ive hit a few 2 inch deep ones....dunno if it doesn any damage to tracking etc
This was 90mm deep!...2 alloys fooked and an annoying noise..like a kinda pop when i turn left and go over a bump............gutted

·
Registered
190 Posts
It sounds like uve done exactly the same as what i done with my car!!!!!!!!

If there is still air in the wheel it should bash back out, i hit a pothole at 50mph flatspotted both front and back wheels.

Took it back to the place where i got my wheels and the guy fixed it for nuthin. Sounds crude but some alloys are fairly soft metal so it should bash bak into shape with a rubber mallet. I had them rebalanced too.

As 4 claiming the council, good luck.

It got me nowhere, my parents have also tried to force a claim without a success. My dad hit a pothpothole bout 8" deep, buckled wheel n broke a drive shaft with no luck!
The roads are terrible in South Lanarkshire!

it makes me mad!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts