Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 20 of 390 Posts

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
passed my test in august 2011 and started driving my corsa b for a couple of months, having already been learning in it since january.

this is the last picture i took of it before i was in an accident that smashed the rear axle out of line and bent the chassis, causing the car to be scrapped

spent the longest 2 weeks ever off the road and then bought myself a 1.2 sxi twinport with 55,000 miles on it and full service record :) its a tiny picture but this was the advert i saw on autotrader

this is the photo i took when i got it back home

for the time being it stayed as standard and didnt even get an aftermarket stereo due to expensive stalk adapters for steering wheel controls. finally i got myself a sony xplod btx3900 headunit and got it installed with some help from some workmates(i work for halfords) i dont have any pictures of this but ill take a couple

did a little bit of a detail and got a couple more pictures

while detailing found these which i still have absolutely no idea what im gonna do about :lol:

then got a shift on and got the rear end debadged :)

then came dewipering but it was a ***** as you can see the hammer didnt work i had to just hacksaw the thing off

was tired of the original disks which werent illegally low but low enough to scrape and i got them changed to drilled and vented disks with ebc green stuff pads

decided to start tidying up the interior so i went with the classic black n white routine and sprayed my silver gearstick and handbrake parts white

this picture looks terrible my phone camera doesnt really like taking pictures of my interior :lol:

december paypacket is when things started getting more serious, moneys put asside to buy irmy grill, sri lowers are on their way, pressed plates are awaiting the press, leather handbrake/gear gaiters are on the way, interior leds are on their way, carbon wrapped hazard switch sent and my mirror black side repeaters arrived yesterday :thumbs:

side repeaters once fitted

and thats how it stands as of christmas 2011, much more to come next year/when the damn stuff arrives

plans include:
irmy grill
sri spoiler
maybe sri alloys(not sure as been over done)
dipped beam hids
kw variant 1 coilys
yoko s1 tyres on whatever alloys i decide
potentially irmy splitter but i dont like splitters much
pipercross viper induction kit
some kind of exhaust system(have no idea what i want yet all i know is i want single pipe)

:)

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Good start :) 163 is the best colour. Take the strips off the doors it makes such a difference :thumbs: and your plans sound good keep it up :D

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dont have a hear gun/know anyone that has one so im a bit stuck there, figured ill soak the glue in stick stuff remover and cut the glue with dental floss. then just work it off with a toffee wheel/credit card and get a hair dryer on the condensation, but im debating whether to wait until its warmer to do it to reduce risks of damaging paintwork :shrug:

and thanks!

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I just pulled mine off then used glue n tar remover then a good wash n polish I never used a heat gun so :dontknow:

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
done a little bit more, my interior parts are just awaiting a coating of laquer and will be ready to go back in hopefully tomorrow night :) my gaiters arrived and are now fitted, look awesome with the white gearstick/handbrake cover. my sri lowers have been dispatched and should arrive monday hopefully, ive also got my pressed plates but still have yet to stick them on as i ran out of light today having spent all day getting my rubstrips off.
unfortunately no pictures for a week also as my phone screen smashed itself on the floor for no reason and is off to get fixed :lol: should hopefully have loads of pics of it all when i get it back :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
got hold of a camera so i thought id show everyone whats going on, got quite a few more things done

interior led, had this in for a while but hadnt taken a picture

the centre console back in after spraying, you can see part of the laquer has dried wrong(probably due to the freezing cold temperature in my shed) will need relaquering next time i do a bout of spraying which is probably when i get some new bumpstrips to spray :D

black and white leather gaiters, i think these look mint with the white handbrake/gearstick parts

led sidelights finally arrived(took 42 days in the end :lol:) got these in my numberplate lights aswell but i dont have any night photos

rubstrips are long gone :thumbs:

opel rear badge and pressed plates that i wont get pulled over for :ninja:

and just another few photos

bcm cover has been resealed but i still need to do brake servo/heater matrix when i figure out which one is gone(not too keen on ripping all the carpets out) and sri lowers are going in on monday :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yeah last month on a halfords salary i did 7 hours a week on my contract and still did another 88 hours of overtime, this month not so much because we just lost all our cashiers and all the overtime goes to paying people to cover them :( **** pay grade for what they ask tbh

sri lowers are in and evil headlight dwelling bugs are out :ninja:
success

1 - 20 of 390 Posts