Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, my tyres r just goinnn bold on the insides soo quickly which i fink is part of the trackin n camberr. I also need 2 get the adjusters put bk in the coilovers too coz i dnt fink thats helpinn.

Did any1 else have this problem ? N if u did, did u get camber bolts put on ?

Alsooo if u live near me can u give me sum tips of garages that wld dooo it for me......

Thankuuu

·
Registered
16,948 Posts
What suspension have you got? You can't fix camber at the rear iirc, though I know you can get plates on the astra, which I had.

Not a lot of garages will do camber set up. You might be better off getting a gauge and doing it yourself to bring it back to stock, as it means jacking up the car, setting the bolt, dropping the car and waiting for it to settle, reading the camber, and repeating till it's as desired and the same on both sides.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Raceland coiloverss.... Its the front two tyres which r goinn bold...

My mate sed that a garage wld doo it but im not tooo sure. Realii i just need 2 get sum camber bolts then n see if sum1 can doo it forr me who has a gauge thenn

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i asked my matee that fitted them n he sed that i couldnt adjust the camber wiv coilovers... :/

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
he sed they r only the basic coilovers n that u cant change the camber wiv them...

Arghh i realii dunoo wat 2 dooo.. :(

·
Registered
145 Posts
Had this problem two months ago.. Then had the toe and camber set at the garage.. Even my ta technix coilies are adjustable camber.. I found a garage near me that did it for about £60.. It's hard to find places that touch lowered cars because half the ramps I couldn't get up lol.. Had it all fixed after going through 3sets of front tyres.. Then when I thaught it was all fixed my cv joint basicly blew up lol well the bearing cage had shattered and all the bearing came out.. This as far as I'm aware was due to the wear on the cv joint when I drive it for so long off camber.. It was only the short drive shaft side tho.. Maybe because the angle was worse on the shorter one?

Dunno if this helps.. But I'd take it to a garage asap! Nearest one for me was a 45 min drive

·
Registered
145 Posts
Had this problem two months ago.. Then had the toe and camber set at the garage.. Even my ta technix coilies are adjustable camber.. I found a garage near me that did it for about £60.. It's hard to find places that touch lowered cars because half the ramps I couldn't get up lol.. Had it all fixed after going through 3sets of front tyres.. Then when I thaught it was all fixed my cv joint basicly blew up lol well the bearing cage had shattered and all the bearing came out.. This as far as I'm aware was due to the wear on the cv joint when I drive it for so long off camber.. It was only the short drive shaft side tho.. Maybe because the angle was worse on the shorter one?

Dunno if this helps.. But I'd take it to a garage asap! Nearest one for me was a 45 min drive

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thankkuu :D yeeh that helps. :). My cv joint needs doinn 2 on the drivers side whichh i am guna get dne on sat n my mate is puttin the adjusters bk in the collies. Im then takinn it 2 a garage n gettin them 2 do the trackinn n see if the camber needs doinn tooo. I will get sum1 2 look at the collies thoughh coz i thoughht i wld be able 2 change the camber wiv them 2 ?

Thanks 4 all ur help guys ! :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts