Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to change the oil pressure switch on my on my 1.7 dti but am no sure where it is.can somone please tell me?cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers for that but i still cannot find it on the front of my engine,the new one i've ordered is like a single pin?i had the car jacked up and went underneath to look up at the back and still nothing lol

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Assuming it's the Y17DT or DTL, this VxON thread has pics with the switch highlighted. You will need to login/register to see the pic in detail
https://www.vauxhallownersnetwork.co.uk/index.php?threads/combo-1-7-dti-oil-pressure.474793/

Judging by the VxON thread(s) you're not the only one who has a hard time locating it. Good luck and, if successful, perhaps you could post a pic on your thread? An Imgur account is good for hosting pictures to link to CCUK (I can at least help advise on that front) and it's all useful for other Combo Di/DTi owners (like me).

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
The 1.7 diesel used in Corsa C and similar are all Isuzu units, but there are differences. You're not the only one; I have spoken (and sometimes driven) to breakers and found that they didn't know what engine they had. Briefly:
Y17DTL = 1.7Di = 1.7 Isuzu 16v with turbo but no intercooler, 65hp
Y17DT = 1.7DTi = as above, but intercooler giving 75hp
Z17DTL = common-rail version, 80hp but (afaik) used in Astravan and not Corsa C, Combo, Meriva B
Z17DTH = 1.7CDTi = as above, but 100hp (I think the difference is a variable vane turbo)

In the UK, the badge on the tailgate is usually reliable so I assume you have the y17dt. Entering your reg plate into Autotrader's car valuation or Honest John's VED Checker should also tell you what you have.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Don’t care about the difference mate, but why wasting my time to search the right picture for you, on 2 engines, while I can provide you with the right data from the beginning?
Since you don’t respect our time, well, I wish you good luck

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The 1.7 diesel used in Corsa C and similar are all Isuzu units, but there are differences. You're not the only one; I have spoken (and sometimes driven) to breakers and found that they didn't know what engine they had. Briefly:
Y17DTL = 1.7Di = 1.7 Isuzu 16v with turbo but no intercooler, 65hp
Y17DT = 1.7DTi = as above, but intercooler giving 75hp
Z17DTL = common-rail version, 80hp but (afaik) used in Astravan and not Corsa C, Combo, Meriva B
Z17DTH = 1.7CDTi = as above, but 100hp (I think the difference is a variable vane turbo)

In the UK, the badge on the tailgate is usually reliable so I assume you have the y17dt. Entering your reg plate into Autotrader's car valuation or Honest John's VED Checker should also tell you what you have.
Ah cheers mines is the Y17DT in that case chief

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Same as mine, then (I have the Di/DTL but I literally just fitted an IC and instant DTi). Unfortunately, I am in Spain and my car is in UK but scroll up and you'll see a link I put up from VxON (vauxhall owner's network) where pics have been posted highlighting where the switch is. When I clicked on the pics (just thumbnails) it told me I'd have to login/register. It's worth you doing that to have access to those pics and I dare say that VxON has lots of other interesting bits, too. I just stick to CCUK because nobody's banned me, despite posting waffle and usually bad advice - don't want to push my luck with more forums - but more the merrier in your case.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Same as mine, then (I have the Di/DTL but I literally just fitted an IC and instant DTi). Unfortunately, I am in Spain and my car is in UK but scroll up and you'll see a link I put up from VxON (vauxhall owner's network) where pics have been posted highlighting where the switch is. When I clicked on the pics (just thumbnails) it told me I'd have to login/register. It's worth you doing that to have access to those pics and I dare say that VxON has lots of other interesting bits, too. I just stick to CCUK because nobody's banned me, despite posting waffle and usually bad advice - don't want to push my luck with more forums - but more the merrier in your case.
i joined mate and that was spot on thanks again,

1 - 12 of 12 Posts