Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 20 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been working on this for a couple of years now, found the car ready to go for scrap as a rolling shell and in a lovely shade of sucked smarty flame pink!
[/IMG]
[/IMG]as

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
As I already had a Vectra B Z22se and it was getting a bit tiered but still had a great engine recently rebuilt and running 170bhp what better than to fit it to a Corsa C.
So it began, searching for what mounts to use wiring diagrams ect. then once I had the mounts all I had to do was fit it!
the mounts are from Corsa C 1.7cdti and Astra G Z22se. in total it took 24hrs to get the engine bolted in and drivable.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its been on the road for 2 years now and made its first pvs in 2012 on the lmf stand just a few weeks after passing its mot.:)
some body else claimed it was their car that year. as far as I know its still the only one on the road in the uk. although theres a few people building them this winter.

·
Registered
22,218 Posts
Ah yes I'm sure I have seen it before then! You should supercharge it like they do with the vx220's! Would be epic

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
to start with I fitted 16" softstars as they are sooo cheep and easy to move on once I found new rims for my corsa D and fitted the D's SXI rims, colour matched the bumpers and fitted an Irmscher IRS boot spoiler, recaro seats from the Vectra, Vectra's 308 front discs mintex 1144 pads meriva vxr brackets and vectras calipers.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the reason ive choose this engine its for its many different tunning options, s/c, turbo, or n/a on throttle bodies :)
as the inlet is at the front its a set of 45mm jenveys that are sitting here waiting to go on :doublethumbs:
messured up a supercharger at pvs 2013 and unless I chopped the slam panel, fitted bonnet pins theres not enough room. could have turbo'd it but again lots of work required making a custom exhaust manifold.
[/IMG]

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
before these go on theres a few other jobs I need to sort, air con needs refitting, power sounder needs replacing, speedo and oil pressure light need to get working on dash.
so to do all that as I needed so many parts I got a cat c write off 1.4 sri. just finished stripping it today.
also needed to sort the water leak on the passanger's side where electrics come in from engine bay. :x glad its not the pedal mount plate sealer split though. :)

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bodies are all in the plan Adem, along with a high compression engine, bigger cams, stand alone ecu plus a few other tweeks.
Got my self a brand new Saab B207R engine to rebuild as it comes with under piston oil jets, oil cooler, stronger head, brake vaccum pump, 60-2 trigger wheel. Also got a tullet exhaust manifold to replace the dbilas one.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
207 is the newer engine, 204 is like a c20let good but outdated and heavy compared to the 207. plus the 207 is the same family of gm engines as the z22se and even the latest vxr astra:)

·
Wales Organiser
50,214 Posts
Those dials irmscher ones with a vxr logo on it?

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
no mike, they are by metal monkeys and came with the car when I got it. had a set custom made for my corsa B so rev counter goes to 8k and 7/8k lights up with shift light, they cost £130 for the new faces.

1 - 20 of 169 Posts