Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

141 - 160 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
been mapped now, but found out I need a bigger exhaust system as the jetex 2.5" is choking it at the top end so going to have a 3" one made.
only got 277bhp and 241lbft but it does sound great now I can finally rev it past 5k :)
will up load more photo's soon
also been busy with new sound system install. just have to choose now between music or supercharger to listen too.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
on the Friday before the fast show I decided to build the new sub box and fit all the new kit along with black seat belts in place of the standard silver ones,
reason for new sound system was to save some space and weight. and its worked.
[/IMG]
cut and drilled the 3/4" mdf
[/IMG]
glued and screwed it all together, only used 120 screws!
[/IMG]
trial fitted one of the new JL W6 12" subs
[/IMG]
trial fitted the new box in the boot
[/IMG]
fitted 0 gauge power wire through the bulk head,
[/IMG]
went to fit new earth and the stud broke off,
[/IMG]
made up new earth, slightly larger than standard one,
[/IMG]
fitted new JL amps (HD1200/1 & HD600/4) and cross overs for JL front speakers (C5's)
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
then fitted both new subs and box
[/IMG]
also fitted under seat lights and under bonnet light
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
after the fast show I had a trip up to Courtenay sport for a custom map with the new forged bottom end, bigger injectors, blower cams and smaller charger pulley.
sounded awesome on the rollers but on the first run I had tingles all over and thoughts of have I tightend the rod bolts correctly ect as she spun up to 7000rpm for the first time. (been limited to 4000 with the new base map) now running VX220 software which has allowed me to use a standard corsa c pedal and sensor for the throttle and do away with a lot of un needed wires from the ecu.
[/IMG]
stopped on the way there,
[/IMG]
arrived,
[/IMG]
second mag in the pile,
[/IMG]
the issue with my old B in it,
[/IMG]
and the final map, blue lines are what she's now running but as you can see runs flat at top end and at lower rpm than she could do.
need that 3" exhaust now plus a few other small tweaks and could see 280 bhp.
would have liked a bit more 290/300bhp but I only set out to get 250bhp ish so done ok I think :)

·
Wales Organiser
50,214 Posts
Needs more updates. Adore listening to the whine it makes in the video on youtube :love:

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
Needs more updates. Adore listening to the whine it makes in the video on youtube :love:
apart from driving her a lot and having a laugh every time not much has happened.
few bits have been hydro dipped, new head unit, got corsa d brembo front brakes to fit.
had 3" exhaust made by infinity nr Bristol which blew the cat out after 500miles, no warranty as I removed it myself to refit my old 2.5" system.
it was so loud at 2500rpm I could be heard 4 miles away from indoors!

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #150 (Edited)
apparently the whine is much louder on the outside so im told?
which accounts for the 'wait...... what the f..... a corsa with a supercharger' faces I get a lot :lol:
the Maserati quattroporte driver gave a different look when my little corsa left him from the lights. noticed he but it in launch mode so thought he want to play :haha:him :bye:me

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
Looks so much fun, good work, I remember your old 'B' feature.
that was a fun car but this one is so much nicer to drive, be It fast or slow, for the commute to work or just out for fun. the b was a bit all or nothing in the end. drove great over 3.5k rpm but under that it could be hard.
similar performance between them only this is better on fuel and a bit slower top end.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
May be it's time for an update??
Well from May 2016 there has been 2 Corsa C 2.2's on the drive.
With the left over parts from building the first one I built a second, now have almost enough parts again to build a 3rd with a supercharger as well.................
Both cars now on Bilstein B12 30mm kits then due to helping friends with their projects and breaking both legs quite badly at work early in 2017 not a lot happened until May this year.
New Brembo 4 pot set for the Corsa D went on along with Team Dynamics Pro Race 3 17" alloys to clear them, new rear calipers in same colour as the new fronts, few other trim bits and a new set of Recaro's in the front.
Still have a long list of jobs to do but also getting cold feet and may scrap it to start again??

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #159
Thank you

Still trying to track the story of the new seats, as to if they really were made for a Vauxhall Prototype. Best i have so far is an email confirming Recaro did make/trim a lot of 1 off seats for Vauxhall over the years.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Good to read your update. VXR Astra and D-seats I've seen on ebay (>£600) as you prob have, but not with that headrest nor SXi type of cloth. I'm no Vxpert but they're not something I've seen before.

141 - 160 of 169 Posts