Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I didn’t think I had a separate PCV on my 55 plate with a Z12XEP engine as I’d read it might be built in to the rocker cover but it turns out it’s in the back of the inlet manifold.

I’m possibly going to replace it so I’ve put my VIN in on the 7zap site to look for the part number but can’t find it. I’m therefore not sure if it might go by a different name so would be grateful for any ideas please just to make sure I get the correct replacement part and sorry if I’m missing something obvious lol.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
I think it is part of the inlet manifold and not a part you can buy on its own although it comes out of the manifold. On the Z12XE it is just a pipe from the cam cover to the inlet manifold with no valve in the line just a restrictor (small hole) in the fitting on the manifold.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I think it is part of the inlet manifold and not a part you can buy on its own although it comes out of the manifold. On the Z12XE it is just a pipe from the cam cover to the inlet manifold with no valve in the line just a restrictor (small hole) in the fitting on the manifold.
Thanks I called my local main dealer today and gave them my reg plate. They said there is an evaporation valve rather than PCV on the inlet manifold which could be purchased as a separate part but not one they do anymore. He gave me the old part number of 93177177. Ive found this on the 7zap site as follows and it’s part number 7:

But on the diagram it looks to be where my MAF etc is whereas on mine it seems to be on the back right of the inlet manifold as you look down over the engine as follows:

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Your dealer has told you about the fuel tank vent valve which is clipped to the air filter box and the pipe for it runs along side the MAF/air inlet tube. It has nothing to do with the PCV system.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your dealer has told you about the fuel tank vent valve which is clipped to the air filter box and the pipe for it runs along side the MAF/air inlet tube. It has nothing to do with the PCV system.
Thanks and I wondered whether something like that might be the case.

I’ve taken this picture of what I think is the PCV on my car which is on the back of the manifold around the centre:

Is that right and you can also see where it joins the manifold but it looks like it could possibly be disconnected and replaced as a single part but I can’t tell. I’m happy to buy a new intake manifold if necessary but would obviously prefer not to if I don’t have to.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
My bad, that is the tank vent valve. It's not on the air box on the twinport engines like I said before. Sorry.
But like I said before there is no "valve" for the PCV, it is just pipe work and the cam cover that work to vent the crank case back to the inlet. The pipes and cam cover do get clogged up over time and need removing and flushing out.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My bad, that is the tank vent valve. It's not on the air box on the twinport engines like I said before. Sorry.
But like I said before there is no "valve" for the PCV, it is just pipe work and the cam cover that work to vent the crank case back to the inlet. The pipes and cam cover do get clogged up over time and need removing and flushing out.
No problem at all it doesn’t help that there can be different names for the same part. I think the valve I’m looking for is the evaporation purge valve or something like that lol but I still think the part number I was given might be wrong. Any ideas welcome lol.

·
Registered
796 Posts
At least the DTI does not have it, the tube goes with a decanter on the cam cover and now, it may be as z22 tells you, make it a direct tube with a wall and that's it, you usually use the car little, short trips or live in an area of a lot of humidity? If not, you would have to think about incorrect oil or antifreeze consumption

·
Registered
1,715 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The fuel tank evaporative purge valve? It vents vapour and any fumes from the fuel tank back into the inlet manifold. Older cars used to vent to atmosphere.
The part number you were given looks to be a good number.

I use this site,

Why do you think this has a fault? do you have fault codes for it? Or a running fault?
It’s had a code P0170 and is randomly idling high. Yes I think it’s the fuel tank evaporative purge valve. Thank you for that site so it would be part number 7 in the list on the website you shared the link to that I need to replace? If so that’s the one that the dealer said is no longer in production but I can’t find anything with either the GM or genuine part number online. I also wasn’t sure as where it shows under the bonnet on the diagram isn’t where it is on my car.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
The part yo posted the photo of is the tank vent purge valve. If you take the rubber pipe off the plastic pipe and plug the end of the rubber pipe with it attached to the valve the car should idle better if the valve is faulty.

Code P0170 can be down to many other sensors failing or even a broken/leaking exhaust. See this thread, Help with error code P0170

1 - 11 of 11 Posts