Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my Corsa's (2005 life 1.0 with factory immobilizer} battery has been flat for a few weeks, I got a new one however the car now won't run, it'll start up and stall within 5 seconds but none of the dash lights illuminate, the central locking, air controls, and the key fob won't work (it has batteries so its the car) HELP.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
I have seen this before and luckily for me a full code scan/clear sorted it all out. You need to do this to all control units not just the ECU. You will most likely find a lot of low voltage and no communication fault codes stored.
If this does not work then you will need more in depth diagnostics and possibly reprogramming of some controllers.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I really do not understand why, it is as if they carry a battery like the pc for program memories, it should be eprom of those that are only written and not erased, right?

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
I really do not understand why, it is as if they carry a battery like the pc for program memories, it should be eprom of those that are only written and not erased, right?
If the power drain has been to great for to long the stored memory can be lost. It is rare but it does happen. Or if a poor attempt at a jump/boost start has been made or not connecting the battery correctly, like touching the live terminal to ground with the spanner while doing the battery terminal clamp up last.

·
Registered
Corsa C 2004 z10xep
35 Posts
Need ecu to be reconnected to other units. Think if correct ecu only store codes for 3 months. Just needs op com or Vauxhall tec2 to reconnect them. Then do learn values on engine. Some times you just need to leave ignition on for around 45min or until dash lights come on and it’s learns the codes but if takes upto 2 hours it won’t work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts