Vauxhall Corsa-C Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will they fit without modyfying anything? or do only certain brands fit without mods? or do ALL 16" fit?
Ta
John

D

·
0 Posts
Yeah 17s will fit without moddifications mate....

Mine are et45 offset and fit fine....
et42 are apparently fine aswell.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Noonster19 said:
Yeah 17s will fit without moddifications mate....

Mine are et45 offset and fit fine....
et42 are apparently fine aswell.
Ta for the speedy reply :)
Would i need to lower my car too? dr will it look ok without doing that?

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
It will look ok, but lowering it will make the wheels look slightly bigger!

You'll be able to lower it 30mm is it? (someone confirm this for me)...without any modification

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
C4RSA said:
It will look ok, but lowering it will make the wheels look slightly bigger!

You'll be able to lower it 30mm is it? (someone confirm this for me)...without any modification
ok ta again.................now plz dont laugh...........im new to this............how do i lower :? :oops: :oops: :oops:

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Youll have to replace your springs, have a garage fit them for you! if you see other posts, theres lots of different springs you can get, the most favourable are Eibach 30mm lowering springs, theyre about £120ish....you can get FK coilovers that you could adjust yourself but they are pricey...your looking at about £550ish

It might also be a good idea to upgrade your dampers from the standard ones

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
Just dropped mine 30mm with a set of eibachs today!

The job is a piece of p*ss to do and shouldn't take any compotent enthusiast no more than about an hour and a half.

All you need is a set of springs (www.illusionautostyle.co.uk) and some coins of the realm.

If you aren't confident, a garage will swop them out for a small fee. All you are doing is replacing one set of springs with a shorter set, giving the drop.

If you change without, it can look like you've jacked the car up! Lowering lets the wheels sit into the arches giving that fuller look.

Here's a quick pic of before and after:

Note the gap between the wheels and the arches.

The rear arche shows it best here, how the gap has disappeared.

K

·
Registered
25,148 Posts
I had a little help from my bro in law. He's a bus mechanic, so his tool chest and knowledge was helpful, but to be honest the fronts were 5 bolts to undo, and the rears one.

In fact didn't even have to take the wheels off to do the rears! U'll need spring clamps for the fronts, but not hte backs, and as I said less than an hour to change all four incl wheels!

Cheers Si :wink: I'm gonna let it settle in on them springs, get it cleaned and get together with MM for a couple o photos, this week I hope, depending what he's doing.

·
Registered
322 Posts
my 17's are on standard SRi springs I think, look low enough anyway, and I have rubbing problems, not with the arches but with the rear skirt!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts